hello

weezie401967
on 11/17/08 6:19 am
Does anyone here that has Dr. Gagne out of West Penn Hospital From Pittsburgh ? Id like to ask you a few questions on how he reacts to things that you dont abide by , Such as quitting smoking , and canceling your first appointment , which I have done due to tranportation cause my husband got called to work that day and I cant quit smoking it is so hard . So my next appt. is on wednesday and Im scared to go see him . any reassurance would help . thanks
dit657
on 11/17/08 8:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I don't know Dr Gagne, but transportation issues happen and I'm sure he'd be understanding of having to cancel an appt due to that.

The smoking issue, however, is another thing. If you can't commit to quitting smoking how are you going to commit to the changes you need to make in your life once you have weight loss surgery? This is also a huge committment that requires a lot of work on your part to make it work - the surgery itself isn't going to magically make you lose weight. Also, going into surgery and under anesthesia while being overweight is difficult enough - add smoking on to that and you are really putting yourself at risk for complications.

There are a lot of aides on the market now to help you stop smoking - over the counter and by prescription. If you honestly feel you can't do it on your own, then you might want to try some of those products.

You can quit smoking - yes, its stinking hard - I smoked for 20 years and quit cold turkey - cried like a baby for a week but I made it. So have many, many others out here. So if you're having the surgery to become a healthier person, then  you really need to quit the cigs as well. And think of all the money you'll save for the new clothes you'll need for your new body!!

Best of luck to you - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views