Dehydrated?

retta0426
on 11/12/08 12:37 pm - Middletown, PA
My pc is FINALLY fixed!
Now on to the real topic. The last two days I have felt very dehydrated and I'm not real sure why. I can't seem to get enough water. I always measure my water every morning. I have a 64 oz container I keep at my desk so I know I'll get in the water needed for the day. (and to help keep me from grazing when I really don't need food) By noon today, that container was empty, by five oclock, it was emptied again. Since I've been home tonight, I've had four 8 oz glasses of plain old water. I'm eating ice as I type this. Now the last time I felt this way, my B12 was low. I can't imagine that's the problem this time, since I just had blood work done last week and the doctor said my B12 was actually a bit higher than it should be.
I guess my question to everyone is, is there such a thing as getting to much water in?
shoutjoy
on 11/12/08 6:09 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi, you may want to increase your salt intake if your health permits.  That will help you keep hydrated better.  Ice put up a little flag.  Chewing ice can be a sign of low iron.  Hmmm.....  Too much water?  I have heard both sides.  There are arguments saying it can flush out nutrients that we eat and I've heard it doesn't hurt.  Eat a few crackers throughout the day and see if that helps.

Paula

Pam Hart
on 11/12/08 6:21 pm - Easton, PA
Generally speaking, no you can't get o much water in.  However...it can flush out things like sodium and potassium and even dilute what is there...so you do run the risk of depleting your sodium which can cause problems with your heart and brain.  Doubtful that would happen in someone in an otherwise healthy state.

My concern is your sugar level.  Increased thirst is a big sign...so is increased urination.  Basically your body begins to crave water to give the extra sugar to have some place to go and to urinate it out. 

It could just be a "thirsty" day for you - but if it persists....definately have a doc check it out.

Oh, and congrats on having the computer fixed!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 11/14/08 12:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
Glad your PC is fixed.
One of the girls I work with is anemic. When her iron is really low - she drinks alot of water and
eats ice like crazy.
So anyway - how is your iron level?

Tammy
retta0426
on 11/14/08 2:05 am - Middletown, PA
I've been anemic(sp) since surgery, however, my levels are actually better then they have been in a very long time.
I'm heading to the dr this afternoon for some other minor problems, so I'm going to discuss this with her again. it's only 1 in the afternoon and already I've drank 40 oz of water. I've not been chewing the ice today, so that's probably a good thing, just drinking alot.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views