Back to the operating room...

Georgianne Z.
on 11/12/08 10:59 am - NC
Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on the boards in a long time other than a post on food here and there.  Sorry about that!  I see so many new faces and such support!  It is wonderful to see that PA boards are still the bestest ever!

Well, I think it was inevitable.  I am going back to the operating room.  I have been having a lot of difficulty with eating and feeling really poorly.  (That's the short version of the story).  Then about 2 weeks ago, I had a gallbladder attack.  Ok, it was more like a war!  It seem to want to pop out of my abdomin like in the movie Aliens, and I just wanted the pain to stop. 

After tests were taken, it shows that my gallbladder will get its wish!  It is going to come out!  I am not sure when the actual surgery will be.  My guess is any day now.

I was hoping that my next trip to a surgeon's office would be to get the massive amount of excess skin removed, but alas... my gallbladder wanted some attention! 

Overall, I cannot complain!  I have everything in the world to be grateful for.  I am more alive today than I have been since high school.   Actually, I am alive (in the full sense of the word).  So if after 18 months since surgery and a total loss of 215 pounds my gall bladder wants out?  Ok, it can go. lol

So, newbies out there.. don't get scared about all this!  The surgery changed my life - gave me life!  I cannot imagine life as it was before the surgery because it was not living.

Georgianne

What you are, is God's gift to you.  What you make of yourself, is your gift to God.

Patricia R.
on 11/12/08 11:24 am - Perry, MI
Georgianne,
I have missed your upbeat attitude and outlook.  You have my prayers for a quick and speedy recovery.  Don't be such a stranger around here.  We need you, and you need us.

Love,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Georgianne Z.
on 11/12/08 11:35 am - NC
Hi Trish!

Thanks for the prayers and the nice words!  I've missed being on line!  I'll be around.  You are right.. we need each other!

Georgianne
Nicole0216
on 11/12/08 11:30 am - Lancaster, PA
we miss you so much. 
I hope that you will get some relief
I am amazed by how well you are doing weight wise.
Georgianne Z.
on 11/12/08 11:36 am - NC
Hi Nicole!

Thanks, yea.  I am amazed too but my loss has really slowed down a lot.  I lost nothing over the summer.  I sometimes feel like I was doing somethign wrong but at this point, it is what it is.  I am happy if I never lose another pound! 

It is good to see you!! 
Georgianne
Nicole0216
on 11/12/08 12:20 pm - Lancaster, PA
I have not lost anything in at least 8 mos but it is ok
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/08 12:13 pm
Stinking gall bladder!!!  I KNOW you are going to call me and tell me what I can do to help you right??????   Keep me updated.

HG
Georgianne Z.
on 11/12/08 7:58 pm - NC
Hi HG!

Yup, I'll let ya know.  They say this is a simple procedure but what about surgery is simple? lol

Georgianne
Pam Hart
on 11/12/08 6:30 pm - Easton, PA
Your outlook is wonderful Georgianne, and it's good to see you posting again.

Please keep us updated on when the surgery will be....and I sure hope you feel 1000% better after that pesky attention getting gallbladder is removed!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Georgianne Z.
on 11/12/08 8:00 pm - NC
I will keep you posted.  I wanted them to remove the gallbladder when I had the surgery but silly doctors wouldn't remove a healthy organ!  Go figure! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views