Pocono People

Nicole0216
on 11/12/08 9:36 am - Lancaster, PA
I need suggestions of reasonable but not dumpy hotels in East Stroudsburg. We will be staying in one from Friday- monday morning so I need affordable but somewhere that isnt gonna give me a post op infection. LOL

Suggestions?
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/08 9:56 am - Poconos, PA
I highyl recommend not staying at the Knights Inn on Rt 611. D-U-M-P !!! And there's another place right off of Rt 80 at exit 305, I think that's the exit but that place had a whole lot of trouble recently with underage drinking and college kids in their lounge.

There's a Howard Johnson I think on Rt 611 at exit 302. I've never seen the rooms but I was in their restaurant/lounge a while ago and it was clean and neat. Oh and there's a nice place off on Ann St in Stroudsburg but I can not remember the name of it for the life of me. I'll find out though if you're interested.

Im sure I was of absolutely no help since I can't remember names but I tried...sorry.
Nicole0216
on 11/12/08 10:05 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks for trying. LOL there is a Budget Hotel But I am not sure about it, The reviews seemed to be ok
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/08 10:21 am - Poconos, PA
I've never been in that one but I can tell you that there is a Walmart and Kmart right down the road..At least you'll be able to go buy new sheets and blankets to keep from getting that post op infection you wanna avoid..lol
Jackie W.
on 11/12/08 11:11 am
Hampton Inn in Stroudsburg.  That might be the one Valerie is referring to, because I think it is back by Ann St.  It is fairly new....with in the last 5-7 years!!!  You can see it right off the Rt 80!  Budget Motel, if that has a "JRs Greenscene" Rest, that one isn't too bad.  Not dumpy anyway.

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

Dennis Belk
on 11/12/08 12:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Nic,
Valerie and Jackie offered some decent choices. I haven't stayed at any of these local places but the Hampton Inn (Stroudsburg, but close) has a good rep with probably a nightly rate over $100. I've been to the HoJo's (in Bartonsville near Stroudsburg & a little farther) for the restaurant & bar (Serengeti) and parties and it looks ok, room rates are probably below $100.  The closest is the Budget Inn attached to JR's Green Scene Restaurant that Val & Jackie mentioned. It's right across I-80 and south of the hospital. Rates on all the local hotels rise for the weekend that begins Fri. 
Here are some links to check out.

East Stroudsburg hotels:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=East+Stroudsburg+hotels +%26+motels&aq=f&oq=

The Hampton Inn in Stroudsburg:
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhoc n=SBGPAHX

The Howard Johnson's in Bartonsville:
http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/control/Booking/property_i nfo?propertyId=13856
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views