3 month follow up

rita61677
on 11/12/08 5:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
I had my 3 month f/u today with the wonderful, amazing, phenomenal Dr. Pupkova. She said she almost didnt recognize me I look so different. My stats are down 60 pounds, 50% of my excess weight and BMI is 31.8. Im so excited. I think my weight loss would have been a few pounds more if I wasnt constipated and bloated today. But its ok. She allowed me to stop teh Repliva and switch to the chewable iron they sell at barix but i have to take 2 daily. I have to try to get in some read meat and more fruit/ veggies. Im excited - I love my journey, my tool, my life. This is the best decision I ever could have made.

Nicole0216
on 11/12/08 9:05 am - Lancaster, PA
good for you. I am happy for you
Pam Hart
on 11/12/08 9:17 am - Easton, PA
You described Dr. P perfectly.  Maybe we should have a t shirt made up with that slogan on it for her?  Nahh...she's always dressed to nice for a t shirt, and it would lose something on the back of a blazer!  LOL

Anyway - congrats on all the wonderful news and you are doing phenomenally.  Keep up the great work!!

Ohhh...I too was told to up the red meat and veggies and what not.  I started making "fajita salads" which I would take some lettuce, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber and top with steak marinated in taco seasoning, grilled w/ peppers and onions, and top the salad w/ that mixture.  On occassion I would top with a little shredded cheese and ranch dressing (the ranch was almost always included)  That way I got red meat and veggies in all at once.

Good luck, keep it up!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jarsam
on 11/12/08 9:42 am
Congratulations Rita! I was there also today for my 3 month follow up with the amazing Dr. Pupkova.  Just curious if we were in at the same time for surgery.  I was Aug. 11th. 
Anyway ,was that you asking for another way home other then 95 today? I'm looking at your avitar and wondering if that was you. 
rita61677
on 11/12/08 10:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
nope that wanst me. i was there at 1030am. i didnt even see anyone else there. my surgery was aug. 7th.
dit657
on 11/12/08 8:56 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on such a wonderful 3 month follow-up!! You're doing great! I've never met Dr P but have seen her around Barix and I know everyone who had her as their surgeon is totally in awe of her. I had Dr Boe and he's a wonderful person as well - must be a requirement in order to work at Barix?!

Anyway, continued success to you - you're doing a fantastic job!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
rita61677
on 11/12/08 11:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you everyone. Continued success to all of your as well!!!!!!!!!!!
IdaMae D.
on 11/13/08 2:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Rita,
Congratulations on a great 3 month follow up.
Ida

IdaMae

tammypa
on 11/14/08 12:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
Rita,
Congrats on a wonderful checkup.
Think you will like the chewable iron much better - I know I sure did.
Keep up the good work,
Tammy
New_Beginnings_36
on 11/14/08 4:01 pm - PA
Congrats Rita on a wonderful check-up! Keep up the great work! :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views