Introducing... Well, me! (Better late than never I s'pose)

amberstarr
on 11/11/08 11:38 am, edited 11/11/08 11:44 am - Allentown, PA
So, I've been lurking around for a few months, and I wanted to take a minute to say hi and kind of introduce myself....

My name is Amber, and Im 28 years old.  I live in Allentown, Pa with my husband of almost 4 years.

I've been heavy my entire life (I was the cute girl in kindergarten with the pinchable cheeks), but once I graduated high school... well... needless to say my weight is out of control.

I am in my 4th month of the 6 month pre-op program at Lehigh Valley Hospital.  I'm enjoying it so far, but I admit, I'm getting to the point where I am ready for this change!!!

I have an appointment with the surgeon on Dec. 15th, where we will look into setting a date for the big day. 

This is so exciting for me, I can hardly stand it.  There are so many things I want to do, but havent been able to for the last 10 years... ride a rollercoaster, go hiking, DANCE!

Anyway, enough about me for the time being.... 
I just wanted to let you all know that I have been reading your stories and you have all -in your own way -helped me.  It's great to know what you all have gone through, and have at least some idea of what to expect as I start this new phase of my life....

That's all for now....

Night night!
Amber*
GD_007
on 11/11/08 11:51 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks for say "hey".  Looking forward to hearing more from you and your stories as you progress.
Regards,
-GD
Pam Hart
on 11/11/08 1:59 pm - Easton, PA
Amber,

Glad you jumped on in!!  Welcome!!

I am a little over a year post op.  Was originally from jersey just moved to easton last week and have started a job at Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest as an ED RN.

I hope all continues to go well with you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/08 7:06 pm - Poconos, PA
Hi Amber,

Welcome!! I'm so glad you introduced yourself and hope to hear more from you as you travel along your journey!

You won't find a better group of people than the ones right here. When it comes to advice, support and encouragement, these folks are TOP NOTCH!!

Good luck to you and be sure to keep us all posted!

Jackie W.
on 11/11/08 7:50 pm
Welcome to the PA Board Amber!!  Everyone is very nice over here!!  Which surgeon are you using?  I think there area a few different surgeons down there now.  My mom and a bunch of people I know, went to Dr Rovito!  He is a great Dr.  Everyone is doing pretty well!  A friend is almost 2 months out!  Good luck to you!  Keep posting!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

dit657
on 11/11/08 8:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Welcome aboard Amber! We're always ready to welcome a new member to our boards - sounds like you're doing a good job getting ready for your surgery and your big day will be here before you know it. Congratulations for taking the big step!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
pjmunicorn
on 11/11/08 9:02 pm - Allentown, PA
Hi Amber

what nut are are you going too. I had wls on 04/30/08 and have lost 100 in 6m wow . i work out 3 at 4 time a week at the cadar crest gn

Pamela m
amberstarr
on 11/11/08 10:13 pm - Allentown, PA
Thank you for such a warm welcome!!!!! 

I'm going to have the surgery performed by Dr. Harrison, who is in the same practice as Dr. Boorse.  

Can't wait to meet him and get this ball rolling!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Laureen S.
on 11/11/08 11:02 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Amber,

Welcome to one of the best support boards on OH!  Congratulations on taking charge of your health and I'm sure that you will be able to do all the things you want to do, as well as many things you've never dreamed of because your weight has held you back from some experiences. 

Looking forward to sharing in your journey!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

cheryl S.
on 11/12/08 12:05 am - milford, NJ
Welcome Amber, You are with a great group of doctors. I had Dr Boorse do my surgery. He was great.  The classes you are now in I found very informative. Good luck with your journey and keep us informed.

Cheryl

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views