update on mom

ktreavis
on 11/11/08 8:19 am - PA
Mom is doing much better today. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support and for reminding me to take care of myself. They were able to get an IV in last night so they didn't have to get the central line in. She is on high doses of steroids and antibiotics and may be able to come home tomorrow. I spent a long time on the phone with her tonight but didn;t actually get to see her. I am exhausted, been up since 2 am and now I am going to bed. Tahnks again for all of your support, I don't know where I would be without my OH and Barix family. Hope you all have a great night, I will in dreamland. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 11/11/08 8:31 am - Easton, PA
Katie,

Glad to hear she is doing better and even better that she didn't have to have a central line.  Kudos to that nurse or doctor who "got her" as we say.

I'll be joining you in dreamland very shortly.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 11/11/08 9:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Katie,
That was good news about the IV. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Will keep praying - take care of yourself. Hopefully you will get to
enjoy your new job soon.
Tammy 
Laureen S.
on 11/11/08 11:04 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Glad to hear she is getting what she needs, hope you slept well knowing that she is getting better!

Prayers and positive thoughts continue for your Mom and family!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Dennis Belk
on 11/12/08 2:10 am - Philadelphia, PA

Very good Katie.
Good thoughts will continue.

Dennis

Gail M.
on 11/12/08 7:09 am - Scranton, PA
Katie,
   I'm happy to hear that she's doing much better.  Take care of yourself during this difficult time.
Gail

New_Beginnings_36
on 11/14/08 4:22 pm - PA
Katie - Glad to hear that your mom is improving. Sorry I am a little behind on posting. Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views