I can't believe I'm posting this....

tammypa
on 11/11/08 9:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Greg,
Is it such a great feeling to get rid of those fluffy clothes.
I now have a new home - it is 2nd Avenue in Franklin Mills.
It is a second hand clothing store - prices are incredible.
Alot of the clothes still have the original price tags on them.
You can find a lot of designer labels. They have womens,
mens and childrens. It takes some time to sort through
the racks - but it is well worth it. It might be "Bond -worthy".
Tammy
GD_007
on 11/12/08 12:03 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
LOL.

Yes - I was at Franklin Mills with my wife this past weekend and we bought 2 sports coats.  My wife is a fantastic shopper and as long as she knows my sizes she'll come home with deals that blow my mind away.

-GD
shoutjoy
on 11/11/08 10:37 pm - Culpeper, VA
I remember the first time the WHOLE mall opened up to me!  I had an anxiety attack!  I seriously didn't know how to act!  I must have looked a fright!  I spent an hour pacing in front of this little boutique arguing with myself.  Trying to convince myself that I CAN go in there. I DO deserve it. NO ONE is going to turn up their nose at me and wonder why on earth I am there.  Finally..... I went in.  At first, I just stood there watching reactions.  Nothing!  OK.... so then I started walking the isles, still looking for reactions..a smile here and there... ignoring me over there...OK, so then I started looking at clothes.  I didn't buy anything because that whole experience wore me out.  WOW!  What an adventure we are on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula
GD_007
on 11/12/08 12:05 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Yes, there are a few stores I have my sights set on.....and 1 outfit hanging in my closet from Grade 12.

-GD
sbrunell
on 11/12/08 12:15 am - Bensalem, PA
I feel really bad now...I told you to hold on to a pair...but hang on to one for me too!
I didn't heed my own advice, and don't have anymore.....so, please save me one, so I can copy cat Pam's pic on my surgiversary.

I got the worst compliment ever. I was told that I don't look like a fat guy....just really out of shape...

but it was meant as a compliment.

I'll take it.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

GD_007
on 11/12/08 12:13 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
I got one with your name on it!!  Was it 54 or 52??

Compliments can certainly sound funny sometimes.  I got one yesterday - a buddy of mine looked my way, in fairness I had the sun at my back and was most likely siloetted (sp?), and as I got closer he took a double-take and he said "Greg, I almost didn't recognize you.  That's kinda scary".  He and I had just met a few days before (work related).  I laughed and told him - "Well thanks.  We'll blame it on the sun in your eyes".

-GD
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/08 10:13 am - Poconos, PA
Good for you! Toss em!! But I agree with the "keeping one thing" suggestion. I originally kept a few things, ok in all honesty it was more like half a closet full of things but after losing all this weight, I became quite the clothing tramp and had to make room for the new stuff. Everything got tossed except for 1 pair of granny panties! LOL.Every once in a while I break those bad boys out and tear up when I see how far I've come. It's happy tears of course and an absolutely wonderful feeling.

Congrats on your weight loss! Keep it going so we can hear all about the next closet clean out.

P.S....My apologies to those offended by the mere thought of my granny panties...LOL.I'm comfy enough with all of you to share things like that, what can I say?
Pam Hart
on 11/12/08 10:16 am - Easton, PA
Funny thing....I stiffled a bit of laughter about your "granny panties"....I didn't save them...but I did save a pair of jeans and a top portion of a dress I wore in a wedding. 

Glad your comfy w/ us!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 11/12/08 12:15 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Ya - I'm a little worried about how thin my closet will look in a week or so.  I don't have many attachments to clothing - at least I don't think I do.  I'm sure I'll be surprised with the "keep it or donate it" decision on a few items.

-GD
Melanie B.
on 11/12/08 11:19 pm - Doylestown, PA
I gave away ALL of my fluffy clothes last weekend to A Women's Place, which shelters women and children from abusive relationships.

I have loads of "skinny" clothes that I don't quite fit into yet, so i'm currently in between sizes and have been shopping like a mad woman. (not good) Sadly I know that the clothes I'm buying now most likely won't fit me next month.

oh well. (doing the happy dance)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views