I can't believe I'm posting this....

GD_007
on 11/11/08 12:07 pm - Drexel Hill, PA

Well - it's time for me to get rid of clothes.  Part of me cannot believe that at 15 weeks out I'm ready to get rid of ~75% of my wardrobe!!  The other rational part of me understands that I've just has WLS RNY and lost ~75 lbs and there is no way these size 54 pants need to take up closet space.  Thank GOD for BigMikeSmalz's donations else I'd be going to work naked after next week 

I'll keep 1 pair, as recommended by SBrunell, to remind myself where I've come from but all the rest are going.  I had though of going to a tailor and having them taken in but naw....I think I'd actually like to get new clothes for XMas this year.

SO - ladies with fellows that can fit size 54s, 52s and 50s I've got clothing coming to the Wednesday meeting.  I'll also bring a lot of neck size 20 business shirts and maybe a few sport coats.  Dudes with buddies or dudes that gave away all their "fluffy" clothes here's a chace to get one pair of pants to take your "after" pictures in.

Anything that does not go at our November post-op meeting will go to the Susan's December pre-op meeting...and anything from that meeting will simply be donated.

Night,
-GD

Pam Hart
on 11/11/08 1:54 pm - Easton, PA
Whoo hoo!  Closet purging can be fun!  (and unfortunately can get expensive, too!)

I will check to see what size my FIL is - he's a fluffier man and those pants might fit him.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 11/12/08 11:55 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Pam - see you Wednesday.
-GD
Pam Hart
on 11/13/08 9:27 am - Easton, PA
Change in plans....

I will not be at the meeting on Wednesday.  I just realized it is our wedding anniversary...and after working all day...figure i should probably be at home w/ hubby.  wink wink

Oh, and the FIL is a bit smaller - so maybe the next closet purging he could get some use out of!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
rita61677
on 11/11/08 8:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Dang ... I didn't keep any of my Fluffy clothes. I didnt' even think to. Man, that stinks.

But buying new clothes is so much fun!!!!!! I actually have been using ebay alot for clothes because it seems like every 2 weeks I go down a size. and new clothes get pretty pricey every few weeks.
GD_007
on 11/12/08 11:57 am - Drexel Hill, PA
It certainly seems to be fun.  We'll see - I'll declair victory when I can shop at "The Gap".
bubble273
on 11/11/08 8:05 pm - Levittown, PA
AWESOME GREG!!!!!   And I love your smiley!!

I remember emptying out my closet.  I had stuff with tags on it that I never got to wear.  Do you get that???  I actually had fluffy clothes that sat in my closet and when I was REALLY FLUFFY I'm like I'll eventually get to wear that.  Well, guess what???  I never did.  That amazes me that I just went past that "smaller" size that I had at one time thought would be great.  Well, this "smaller" size now takes the cake over giving away stuff that still had tags on them.

I remember my closet being so empty and my drawyers being so empty that I thought to myself, oh Lord, am I going to go broke trying to fill these empty spaces back up.  But that's the fun part.  Not for your wallet, but definitely fun.  Now my closet is bursting and so are my credit cards, but such is life and I'll get over that someday.

Good luck filling your closet back up.  It will be a very fun and rewarding experience.  Don't buy too much, because then you'll only be emptying it and filling it back up again and spending more!!!  Try the thrift stores...you'd be surprised what you can find there.  They were my best friend when I was going through sizes like crazy.

Take care.

Karen

GD_007
on 11/12/08 11:58 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Oh ya - I went out tonight and my wife actually wanted me to buy 1 size down....so that it is just a bit tight now but she knows in a few months it'll be loose.

We're hitting the cheap stores - she's a great deal finder.

-GD
dit657
on 11/11/08 9:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Get rid of those clothes - you're never going to wear them again and I'm betting you have plenty of pictures around to remind you of your fluffier days!! But keeping one item won't hurt - makes for good before and after pictures!

Go shopping and treat yourself - I've found TJ Maxx and Marshall's to be my new best friends - I refuse to pay full price for items since I know I'm not done losing, but you can get some great buys on good clothing at those stores - you have to go often and dig around, but its worth it.

congratualtions on losing 75 lbs already!! Awesome!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
GD_007
on 11/12/08 12:00 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Kathy!  I'll keep 1 item and pack it away....to be pulled out only next summer for our July 15th, 2009 or August 19th, 2009 Post-Op meeting,...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views