One week Post Op Need pureed Ideas with flavor

JoAnn C.
on 11/11/08 8:06 am - PA
Hello,

I am one week post op.  Anyone have flavorful pureed ideas?

Looking for any and all.  I am trying the ricotta cheese tomorrow.
Has any one pureed red beets?

JoAnn
JoAnn

Pam Hart
on 11/11/08 8:39 am - Easton, PA
My favorites for this stage:

Ricotta cheese heated up (In the microwave -  w/ spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, and mozz cheese.  Tastes like a noodle-less lasagna.

Also...ricotta cheese w/ splenda and cinnamon - tastes like rice pudding - YUM-O as Rachael Ray would say.  I still eat ricotta cheese very often to this day, and I am over a year out.

Puree just about anything.  It looks gross, but tastes good.  Some of my favorites:

Chilli
Meatballs
Meatballs in brown gravy.
Lean burgers

Take the meat (cooked already), put it in a food processor - and add some broth or something as needed to get it "whirling"

It looks like dog food - but coming off of full liquids is such a treat and it was nice to have something not "sweet" like the fruit yogurts and what not.

Good luck - and remember to measure and eat slow.  Different consistencies sit different in your pouch.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 11/11/08 10:42 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Trader Joes has a good selection of various sauces that I would blend with cooked chicken and such.  If you like Indian you'll be in luck.  You want flavor - you got flavor. :)

-GD
DianeMarie
on 11/11/08 10:50 am - Delmont, PA
Wow you are lucky.  I am at one week tomorrow and I am only allowed to go to full liquid.  Puree won't be until next week for me.  I am really looking forward to having some more choices with liquid.  The clear liquid got old fast.  Picked up some creamed soups and yogurt.  Also looking forward to having my protien shakes again. 

How are you feeling?  I'm getting little pains in my stomach once in awhile.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
JoAnn C.
on 11/11/08 8:54 pm - PA
Diane,

I was on full liquids when I came home on Thursday.  My full liquids was creamed soups, broth, FF SF ice cream, protein supplements and THIN cream of rice or cream of wheat.  I bought the baby cereal in a box cream of rice and ate that every day.  To me that was good.  I was not allowed yogurt in this phase.  All the DR"s are different.  I will be on pureed for 3 weeks then.

I am feeling pretty good.  I too have been getting little pains on the left side of my stomach.  Too be honest I was getting worried.  I haven't gotten sick, I haven't had the full feeling.  I just measure and eat what it says.  I was concerned because my sheet says a cup of soup.  I thought that was a lot.  I ate 3/4.    It also says a 1/2 c of cream of rice.  That seems like alot too, I Ate 1/4. 

Just an FYI, Did you see splenda comes with fiber now?   It helps. I added it to the cream of rice.  LOL

Keep me posted as to how you are doing.

JoAnn
JoAnn

DianeMarie
on 11/12/08 3:45 am - Delmont, PA
JoAnn,

I started the full liquid today and OMG its wonderful.  I had my protien drink and I had a yogurt.  Going to have creamed soup tonight for dinner. 

My stages are only a week each.  Next wednesday I go onto puree and then the day before Thanksgiving I am on regular food.  I hope to eat a little bit of mashed potato's and some turkey on Thanksgiving.  Right now I'm going to concentrate on getting in as much protien as possible.  I noticed I've been tired and weak.  Not surprising since I was only on liquid and had gone back to work in 4 days.

I've been using splenda since I first started my Nut classes.  I really like it.

Keep me posted also!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 11/11/08 6:28 pm
One of my favorites is a 6 oz. can of Pink Salmon pureed with 1/8 of a bar of Fat Free Cream Cheese and an 1/8 of a cup of Fat Free Ricotta.  You can add a little dill for extra freshness.  The longer you blend it, the softer the consistency. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

EileenWalton
on 11/11/08 11:10 pm

Taco Bell sells Pintos and Cheese.  They come in a small cup and the pintos are pureed.  Dr. Boe suggested it at my two week checkup and he was right....it was extremely flavorful. 

Eileen

sbrunell
on 11/12/08 12:21 am - Bensalem, PA
I went back to Wendys for a chili....and threw it in the blender...I felt almost normal.

I also bought Dinty Moore Canned Stew...and pureed that. It was easy, and readily available...and tasted good....in fact it avoided the whole mystery meat issue...since it was pureed.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

JoAnn C.
on 11/12/08 12:47 am - PA
Thanks everyone I will give them all a try in the next three weeks.  I like all the suggestions.
Never would have thought of Dinty Moore.  I bet the veggies help that too,

I made turkey chilli before my surgery and have that in the freezer.  I will try blending that up with V8 juice.

Now, I'm going to go try the ricotta .

Thanks again everyone.

JoAnn

JoAnn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views