Holy coldness

tanya72100
on 11/11/08 12:25 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
 Im sitting at my desk at work with long dress pants on, long sleeve shirt and a fleece sweater and my little personal heater on the floor cranked at 79 degrees warming me up. LOL its so funny to me that this time last year i was sitting here with my fan on.. dying of heat!!

DarDar
on 11/11/08 12:43 am - exton, PA
I hear ya! I was that way too. I remember the first time it happened after surgery....I wasn't sure what was going on....I remember I was on the phone talking to a friend and I told them what was going on with me.  They told me to check my thermostat....I had it turned back to 60....they told me to turn it up and I would be fine.  I couldn't believe I was cold?!? I remember shoveling snow in shorts and a tank top.  I would turn on the AC in the winter...my boss kept a sweater around for herself.  Now I'm the one with the sweater....However, I say it is a small price to pay for my weight loss.  I can afford to buy a sweater or two....LOL
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
dit657
on 11/11/08 1:01 am - Boothwyn, PA
Being cold all the time is a very foreign feeling to most of us who used to sweat to death on cold days!! I know its really weird for me, too, to feel cold all the time. I had to buy some sweatshirts because all of mine had gotten too big and I really like something on my arms now - hoodies are a great invention - I grabbed a couple at Walmart just to have around. And from what I've heard from the other people on the boards this doesn't go away - we've lost a lot of body fat and everything else, so I think we're destined to be cold now!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
joldaker
on 11/11/08 1:34 am - West Bradford, PA
I totally know how you feel.

I am sooo happy that I am not sweating anymore all the time but holy coldness batman. LOL
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Nicole0216
on 11/11/08 1:47 am - Lancaster, PA
i know what you mean I rarely ever wore a coat. last winter not only did i wear it but i actually kept it on while driving in the car. I did not need to take it off because I got hot of felt clausterphobic
Jackie W.
on 11/11/08 3:01 am
I hear you!!  Our surgeries were days apart!  There are 2 of us at work, the other girl usually gets a a hot flash at about 9:30am.  We usually run about the same temperature (before surgery).  She would ask me if I was getting hot, I'd say yeah.  I'd ask her if she was getting cold, she would say yes...and vice versa!!  WELL........she said to me the other day that I was starting to scare her!!!  Because I said my feet and hands were cold (I was wearing a heavy sweater) and she was sitting there with her fan on!!!  The rest of the winter should be interesting!!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

CherylT
on 11/11/08 6:01 am, edited 11/11/08 6:01 am - Perkasie, PA
yup----ain't it weird? Last night at work a co-worker said to me "is it really hot in here, or is it me?" I told her "I don't think so but I'm always cold." She told me she is the opposite. That's the point where I wanna say that I used to be too, but I bite my tongue cuz then I would have to explain that at this time last year I was pushing 400....and there's not too many people I trust enough to tell.

Jackie Smith
on 11/11/08 6:29 am - Coatesville, PA
Hello!
I am freezing too!!!  Each night I have been sitting in front of a blazing fire.  My hubby keeps telling me the house is really hot.  I had surgery on the 27th of Aug.  I am down about 50lbs.  I am really not sure how I am going to handle the cold this winter. 
Jackie Smith
Pam Hart
on 11/11/08 7:25 am - Easton, PA
It's just ridiculous, isn't??  I used to LOVE wearing my scrubs because I would stay semi cool in the ER...now I dread putting them on - because there's only so much I am able to wear under and over them and I freeze most of the time!!  Oh well.  At least we are healthier...

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
JoAnn C.
on 11/11/08 8:18 am - PA
This winter should be interesting.

I am an avid snowmobiler.  We go to Maine one week in January and Canada last week in February.    Sometimes it is -30 in the mornings when we start out.  I never minded the cold.

I have not been able to warm up since coming home from the hospital last Monday.  It was cold in there.   Dont know what I'll do this year.  I know it will be another adventure,

JoAnn
JoAnn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views