Exercise Tuesday!

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 9:46 pm
I didn't see this posted yet, so here it is....what are you doing to move today????

I have karate class for an hour.  It's bully week, so I get to spend an hour being attacked....this is very anxiety provoking for me, but I will deal with it.  We did it last night too, and I swear there are new bruises to go with my older, yellowish/greenish fading bruises from last week!!  After that, it is off to the gym for an hour of cardio, lower body weight training and then stretching.  Last night after karate, I spent and hour running/walking on the treadmill, did upper body strength training and then about 20 minutes of stretching.

What about you?

hg
KimZ
on 11/10/08 10:00 pm - PA
GM Heather,

Started with a little stretching then 45 on the elptical and 300  crunches / 60 russian ab curls.  Then heading over to Planet Fitness for another 20 on the Arc Trainer.  Tonight I have a MMA (mixed martial arts) cardio class for an hour.  In between - lots of running around -errands, house work, etc. 

Last night I met an 80 yr old in the gym and he was going strong.  What an inspiration!  Have a good day.

Kim Z

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 10:08 pm
What are russian ab curls??
KimZ
on 11/10/08 10:27 pm - PA
The MMA Cardio trainer has us doing them the different and calling them "V" Twists" Essentially with the "V" Twists you are on the floor - legs at a 45 degree angle straight in front of you and body at a 45 degree angle - so if someone is looking at you from the side - you are on the floor (legs up) and in a "V" shape.

Next with a weighted ball (im using 15 pounds) - arms bent, elbows close to your body and pointed down - you (using only your abs) move the ball from  hip to hip.  dont use your arms, dont bend your elbows - just use your ab muscles.

Its not easy.  I hve been doing a different version for about 2 months now and went looking for a pic to show you and I am calling them the wrong thing - they are called "Russian Twists"  Not everyone bends their arms and you can do them on a bench or on the floor.  Essentially you dont have your legs up in the air - but bent up at the knees and feet flat on the floor or just inchess off the floor - but same ab motion with arms and the weighted ball.  Here is a little YouTube clip - showing a pretty good example of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21H0GQGXEBs&feature=related

It really works on the core abs and the obliques.

Kim Z

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/08 2:11 am
Thanks!  I will give it a try tonight!
dit657
on 11/11/08 12:53 am - Boothwyn, PA
I got up and rode my bike for 25 mins (6 miles) - had hoped to go longer but the dog had other things in mind, mostly his morning walk! So I finished on the bike and bundled up and took him for a long walk.

That's it for me today...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 11/11/08 1:48 am - Lancaster, PA
I have not gotten to the gym yet too many appts. i did yesterday, maybe i will go tonight
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views