OT - prayers for mom

ktreavis
on 11/10/08 9:28 am - PA
So today when I was getting ready to leave for my first full day at my new job, I ended up calling 911 and sending my mom to the ER. She has a bad case of pneumonia, complicated by COPD and asthma. Tomorrow she has to have a central line put into her neck b/c they can not get an IV in. So I still went to work and had a good day. But please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I am trying to be the best support I can, she has had so much stress lately, I am not surprised she is sick, but I am still a little stressed. Hope you are all well. Thanks, Katie

Progress not perfection

Shan08
on 11/10/08 10:09 am - the Skook, PA

Sending some prayers up...

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
kimmiep621
on 11/10/08 10:58 am
deffinatly sending prayers

hope she gets better real soon

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

Pam Hart
on 11/10/08 7:21 pm - Easton, PA
Katie,

I'm sorry you had to start your day off like that.  I do hope your mom feels better soon - and am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 11/10/08 9:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA

You got it Katie.
Your mom will be on my mind and I'm sending prayers and positive thought her way and yours'.
Have a good day,

Dennis

Laureen S.
on 11/10/08 9:32 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Katie,

Prayers and positive healing thoughts going out for your Mom, as well as thoughts for you to get through this stressful time without running yourself down!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

tammypa
on 11/10/08 10:17 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Katie,
You have had so much on your plate lately. I was so sorry to hear about your mom.
Will pray for her and your family. 
Tammy 
dit657
on 11/11/08 12:44 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Katie - you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers, and your mom and family as well. I've been in your shoes several times with my mom (who lives with me) and also has lung cancer, so I know how stressful it can be watching them go through this.

Keep us posted, and remember to take care of yourself during this very trying time.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 11/11/08 1:57 am - Lancaster, PA
sorry about your mom I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers
Mike M.
on 11/11/08 2:54 am - Langhorne, PA
Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way!  Don't forget, in this time of high stress, to take care of YOURSELF as well as your mother.  Don't forget to eat your protein, drink your water and get your exercise.  Stress is a crazy thing and it can totally throw you out of whack.  Make sure that your mother is getting all of the help and support that she needs... and then make sure that you are doing the same.

Give a shout if you need anything...

Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views