Pre-Op Liquid Diet

MsDeniseinPA
on 11/10/08 4:36 am - PA
I'm sure it's different doctor to doctor, but on average, how long do most doctors want you on a liquid diet before your surgery?

I just got my date, still waiting for insurance approval and I meant to ask the scheduler this and forgot to.

Also is it full, clear liquids or other.

TIA
Melanie B.
on 11/10/08 4:51 am - Doylestown, PA
My doctor does not require a liquid diet.

dit657
on 11/10/08 5:02 am - Boothwyn, PA
Dr Boe is the only one I know of that requires a 10 day liquid diet - some doctors only require a day or so, and some none - best to check with your surgeon to find out for sure.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Jackie W.
on 11/10/08 5:08 am
Yep...everyone is different!!  My Dr requires a 5 day liquid diet!! 

I guess mine was a full liquid diet, not sure.  Not to bad...I was able to eat SF applesauce, SF FF (taste free) yogurt, SF pudding, SF Jello, cream of wheat (nothing added, just plain), plus liquid stuff (broth, juice, etc..).  Thank God for the jello and pudding!!!!

Good luck!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

DianeMarie
on 11/10/08 5:41 am - Delmont, PA
I'm 5 days lap band post op.. I'm on clear liquid and I am also thankful for Jello....  I've been having water, crystal lite, sf popsicles, jello and broth.  I go on full liquid on Wednesday and can't wait!  I have the runs so bad it isnt funny..... I miss food.....snicker.  I've been thinking about the soups and yogurt I'm gonna have..

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
prettydee7
on 11/10/08 7:53 am - Pittsburgh, PA
My Dr. is 1 week or 7 days. 
MsDeniseinPA
on 11/10/08 7:56 am - PA
Thanks for answering...we have the same doctor!

I guess you start your liquid phase tomorrow! Good luck with everything!

prettydee7
on 11/10/08 10:55 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Wow, I just noticed that!  When is your surgery?  And yes, I did start my liquids today.  So far it hasnt been that bad.  Im hoping that it will continue to be like this.  I know that hasn't brought me this far to fail so I know He will see me through this too.
MsDeniseinPA
on 11/10/08 11:14 pm - PA
glad it's going well so far!  My surgery is scheduled for 12/2, but paperwork was just sent yesterday to insurance.
prettydee7
on 11/10/08 11:24 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
My paperwork was sent last Wednesday.  I just talked to sue (scheduler/insurance) this morning and she said they havent heard anything yet. But she is expecting to hear something at any time.  Im so pumped! I just want to here those words "Your Approved". 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views