Coupons for free consult from Barix?

tammypa
on 11/10/08 9:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I actually have a friend who is interested and I would love to give her one of the coupons.
If anyone has one and is going to preop tonight - I would like to take one and pass it on.
Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 10:09 pm
I'll bring it for you tonight Tammy...Mine are really thrown on my dining room table. Shhh!
Laureen S.
on 11/10/08 10:08 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

You know last year I got them and thought how would I give anyone this and just tossed them in the trash.  Like many of you, while there are many times I wish I could go up to people and tell them what a difference this surgery has made in my life, I recognize that until someone is ready and/or wants to go this route, you can't bring up this very sensitive subject to many people, not to mention that while people's attitudes are changing slightly, most people have an attitude that is very negative about this surgery. 

However, I actually gave one of them to someone who expressed interest in WLS and how the conversation came up was in a setting whereby I had to give my medical history and the woman involved was like, wow, I never would have guessed you to have had that surgery, you look great and she said she was thinking about it, but that most of her family and friends were against it, then she asked me a bunch of questions about it, which I answered based on my own personal experiences and in that conversation I also gave her information on this site.  So having spoken to her again after the initial conversation we had had, where she asked more specific questions, as well as told me she had come on to OH and did some further research, I brought one of the coupons with me and told her that seeing as she had expressed an interest, that perhaps she might want to attend an informational seminar at Barix.  However, the truth of the matter is, that for many of us, I believe if the subject comes up, we would all recommend Barix, so the idea of them sending us coupons is rather tacky and I threw the rest of them away. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

amy C.
on 11/11/08 2:49 pm
Hey if anyone has any i didnt get any in the mail and could use one.  I have a guy at work who is intersted in WLS I would like to give him one since we have talked about it  a lot. I'll send you a self addressed stamped enevelope if  you would be willing to mail it to me.  I had to pay  $50 according to my copay schedule for my insurance for my first visit and  so i can see where it could save some money.

Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views