I FINALLY FOUND A JOB...

caitiegirlsmom
on 11/10/08 3:56 am - PHILADELPHIA, PA

I'm not sure who will remember or not but when I was at the September Barix's meeting I was talking about being depressed and feeling like a failure because I was still jobless.  Well, I am happy to report that I finally got a job.  And I start on Wednesday, it is 10 minutes from home and they are flexible with the start time.  Great benefits and pay, it's a dream come true.  And I even know a women that works there from my old hang out (like 20 years old), so I won't have the odd, lonely feeling going in the door because I know a person already.  COOL!!

Most of all I am SO HAPPY to get my life back on track with a scheule and eating properly as I haven't lost any weight and I need to lose ALOT more before I am done.  I am currently 13.5 months out and want to lose another 100 lbs.  HELP ME, what should I do to start the losing up again???  I would be so happy with losing 10/15 lbs. by Christmas.

Any words of advice would be most appreciated.  Now that I will have health insurance again I will need to see my regular doctor as well as Dr. P.  But I am afraid to make an appointment with Dr. P with NOT losing anything since the last time I saw her.  I don't want her to yell at me, LOL.

Tina

dit657
on 11/10/08 4:17 am - Boothwyn, PA

First off congratulations on getting the job - it sounds wonderful!! I know you were going thru a tough time but the waiting paid off and I'm very happy for you.

Once you're on a set schedule again I would bet your eating becomes more structured and the pounds will begin falling off once again. Plus you won't be depressed (and lord knows a lot of eat when depressed), and you'll probably be more active as well.

Settle in to your new job - start logging your food again - and start walking if you haven't been doing anything else - everything can be started again.

Best of luck to you on the job and the future weight loss!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 11/10/08 8:04 am - Easton, PA
Tina,

Dr. P won't yell at you - she might ask what was going on and tell you what you need to do - but that's the beauty of barix and dr. p - even if she is "disappointed" she will direct you.

As far as where to being there are a few options.  If you totally want to reset your head...my suggestion is for the 5 day pouch test.  You can google it and it will bring up the page.  It basically takes you through the stages...from all liquids up...in a 5 day period.  I do not advocate this for "dieting" or simply to "lose weight" but rather to reset your mind into the proper habits.  I firmly believe yo yo dieting was part of the problem prior to surgery and I never want to do that again.

If you don't want to be quite so drastic - start with the basics.  Plan your meals and your meal times.  Cut out the carbs.  Protein first.  Track your protein, fat, and sugars.  Make sure you are moving and grooving (exercise)  Make sure you are getting your fluid in (minimum of 64 ounces of sugar free caffeine free non carbonated beverages a day)

If you still have your "barix bible" go back and start with those important things.

After all that - congrats on your new job!!  Whoo hoo!!  What will you be doing??  I wish you the best of luck - it does sound like quite an awesome opportunity!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shan08
on 11/10/08 10:00 am - the Skook, PA

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
tammypa
on 11/10/08 9:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations on the new job! That is incredible news.
I would make the appointment with Dr P - just tell her what you have been going
through and you want to get back on track. You will get to see the nutritionist and
she will help you with a plan.  They will help you - not yell at you.
Tammy 

Laureen S.
on 11/10/08 10:12 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
I just want to say, congratulations on getting a job and the desire to get back on track!  You've gotten lots of good advice, so I'll just ditto what all has been said here, also, keep attending your support group meetings as that will help encourage as well as keep you on track.

Best wishes on the new job!  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

caitiegirlsmom
on 11/10/08 10:48 pm - PHILADELPHIA, PA
Thank you all so much for the wonderful words of wisdom and I will definitely take the advice.  I have had the 5 day pouch test diet in the house and just haven't tried it yet!  It may be in my near future, we'll see.  I know I definitely need a mind reset.

As far as I know regarding the position I will be a financial administrator which means doing accounting work as well as administrative work.  I love Accounting so as long as I get to do that, I am happy!

Thank you all for the best wishes and I will post more when something changes regarding diet, weight, doctor appointments, etc.

Thanks team, I really need your support!

And Pam how did the move go and how's the new job?  Is Brian looking for work or has he found a job?  Job hunting is SO exhausting I hope I don't have to do it for a LONG, LONG time if ever!

Tina
Pam Hart
on 11/11/08 8:59 am - Easton, PA
The move went as well as a move can be expected to go.  Stressful - but it is done.  We are all set up - and have been basically since the day after we moved in.  We worked our butts off (along w/ my parents) the day we moved in and the day after.  I started work that monday (we moved Saturday)

Brian has not found work.  I wish I could say I feel sorry for him.  But I don't.  He hasn't been looking.  And right now - it's a touchy subject w/ us.  However...I spent over an hour online Friday evening and showing him jobs in the area...and then filling out the online apps for him.  Was this right?  Probably not.  However...financially...I need the help.  And although it has been wonderful having him home this past week and half to get things set up..he needs to get out of the house for ajob.

Sorry for my ranting.  Thanks for asking, though, it really does mean a lot to me.

Congrats again!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views