EggFace's Egg Bites - Nutritional Value?

KimZ
on 11/9/08 7:50 am - PA
For those of you that were at the OH Philly event - does anyone remember what Michelle (eggface) said the egg bites were worth in Protein and Fat?   Also did she say that 3 or 5 of them make a meal?

I went to her website and cant find any of that information.

I wrote it down when I was at the event, but lost the paper.  This morning I finally found some time to whip up a batch.  I put in mushrooms, celery, onion, and feta cheese.  I used a light olive oil cooking spray to grease the muffin pan.  Let me tell you 27 minutes in the oven and these babies were so good.

I have had trouble with reheated food in the past - but I remember she said we could reheat these - so I will see tomorrow how well that works.

Thanks for your help if anyone can remember.

Kim Z

Pam Hart
on 11/9/08 8:51 am - Easton, PA
I obviously was not at the event...

However...if you go to www.sparkpeople.com there is a way to enter a recipie (you imput all the ingredients and the serving size and the yield and what not) and it calculates everything down to the vitamins.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lucky62756
on 11/10/08 1:13 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14
Hello, I would like the reciepe if you have it...We raise chickens and have alot of eggs. I haven't been banded yet, but I am always looking for reciepes for eggs. Thanks...

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Pam Hart
on 11/10/08 8:18 am - Easton, PA
I don't know the exact recipie that she was referring to...however I make a similar one.

10 eggs (or equivelant or mixture of egg beaters to cut down the fat)
Herbs of choice - a few tablespoons of fresh chopped herbs
Chopped veggies of choice (approximately 1/2 - 3/4 of an onion for example...or onion and mushroom...whatever you like)
Lean meat of your choice (turkey sausage...chopped ham...chopped chicken)  I use about 3/4 of a roll of bulk breakfast sausage, lean
4-6 ounces low fat cheese

Saute veggies in a pan until translucent.
Add meat (note if using something raw like sausage, cook thouroughly)

Allow to cool

In the meantime, beat eggs in a bowl.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Add in cooled meat and veggie mixture along with chopped herbs.  You can also add the cheese in this part - but I prefer it on top.

Coat muffin tins with non stick cooking spray

Pour egg mixture evenly into cups

Top each with a little cheese

Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes or until set.

Remove from oven.  Can be eaten warm, room temperature, or stored in fridge and reheated in the microwave for a "portable" breakfast cup.

Sorry my measurements are vague.  I did have an actual recipie at one time...but prefer to cook by eye most of the time.  You could also probably do this in mini muffin tins for a brunch buffet or a large skillet for a frittatta like dish.  If doing in a large skillet...pour eggs into warm large pan with the veggies and meat (after they have cooked - and do not let cool)  Allow eggs to partially set on stovetop by swirling it around kind of like an omlette.  Place in oven until cooked through and set.

Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views