ATTITUDE (pretty long again...)

ktreavis
on 11/8/08 10:37 pm - PA

Today would have been my brother's 51st birthday. He passed away last January. ALong with all of the other things going on in my life this is his 1st birthday not here. Shortly after his death, when I was planning his memorial service I saw this hanging on a wall. It reminded me so much of Joey. You see he spent 43 years bound to a wheelchair but had the most amazing outlook on life. He was the one who encouraged me and basically took on the father figure in my life when my dad passed 10 years ago. So, I read this at his memorial service, have read it at staff meetings and I gave each one of my staff members a framed copy on my last day. I hope you find this inspirational, I know this is how I strive to live my life. 

Attitude

by

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.

It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than cir****tances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill.

It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.

We cannot change our past.

We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.

We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes.

Charles Swindoll

Progress not perfection

Pam Hart
on 11/8/08 11:57 pm - Easton, PA
That's awesome!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 11/9/08 7:05 am - Lancaster, PA
thank you for posting this
tammypa
on 11/9/08 9:50 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Katie,
Thank you for sharing that with us. Your brother must have been a wonderful person.
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views