****Sunday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 11/8/08 4:56 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am up again.  I can't seem to get through a night without waking up these days.  Not sure why that is. 

I am retaining water like a camel these days too.  It has my joints all achy, and my feet swelling again.  This has not happened since April.  I hate it terribly.  I feel like an old lady.

Anywho, I hope to get back up in time for my early AA meeting before work.  Then, I will be heading to work at the hospital.  Yesterday was really bizarre there, we had about 4 Code 100s, which means a patient was acting out badly enough to require restraints.  They were all on the adolescent and children's units. 

After work, I will come home and hopefully get some cleaning done.  Nothing really exciting or earth shattering going on in my life these days.

I hope everyone has a terrific day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DianeMarie
on 11/8/08 5:04 pm - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!
Good Morning!

I head back to work today.  I'm a little nervous but I know I'll do fine.  I went shopping with my daughter for the past few days and that has prepared me for being out.  That girl can power shop.

Dealing with some post surgery issues.  Well more like liquid diet issues.  I'm always running to the bathroom and its driving me nuts.

Wondering when I'll see some weight loss.  I gained a few pounds in the hospital and I'm sure it was from the IV's.  My face is still a little puffy.  I'd like to see the scale moving down again.  I have to resist the urge to get on the scale every day.

My only plans are to get through work.  Once I'm home I'm sure I'll have a date with my couch for a nap.

Have a great Sunday!

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Patricia R.
on 11/8/08 5:12 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Diane,
Your weight gain is definitely the IVs in the hospital.  I am surprised they did not tell you that while you were there.  In a few days tha****er will be gone.  Just give it time.  Part of your runs to the bathroom are probably to get rid of that excess fluid.

I am surprised you are returning to work so soon.  It is less than a week since your surgery.  Does your work require lifting?  Be careful with that, as I found myself unconsciously trying to lift things after my surgeries. 

Keep sipping your water.  It will help flush out the fluids and keep you hydrated.  Don't worry about the scale.  It will move before you blink.

Huggles,
trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DianeMarie
on 11/8/08 5:33 pm - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!

Morning Trish,

I wouldnt mind running to the bathroom so much if I was only peeing.....snicker.

Work does require lifting but they know I just had surgery so I wont have to.  One of my girls quit while I was off.  So there will be more work for the rest of us.  I hope they replace her soon.

Diane

Patricia R.
on 11/8/08 5:41 pm - Perry, MI

Hey there,
The fact that you are not just peeing is a good sign.  It means all of the plumbing is working and getting healed.  Some folks get constipated early on post-op, so be grateful you can go...hee-hee.

Be sure to take a lot of breaks while at work, your body is still in healing mode. 

Have a good day.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 11/8/08 8:19 pm - Easton, PA
Diane,

Please be very very careful at work.  It is very soon for you to be returning.  You are not allowed to lift anything over 5 pounds (or at least that's what is was for me)  Dr. Pupkova told me anything heavier than a gallon of milk for about 2 weeks and then it was very little after that.

Your sutures are in your muscles - and if you tear anything it will take you twice as long to heal.  Don't want our Diane in any type of misery!!

Good luck!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
DianeMarie
on 11/9/08 3:36 am - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!Pam,

Thank you for your concern.  I did leave work an hour early. Took my liquid percocet and I'm going to nap before the game.

The bathroom issue is the hardest thing to deal with.  I would rather be constipated than deal with this LOL.   I am forcing extra liquid and popsicles since everything seems to run right through me.

Diane

Pam Hart
on 11/9/08 4:22 am - Easton, PA
Careful what you wish for miss diane!  I said the exact same thing when I had things running through me...fast fwd a few months later...and I would have given anything to not be as constipated as I was and actually said "the first week of surgery was better than this!"  LOL

As you progress through the stages the bathroom thing will hopefully become more regulated.

Also..I know for me...part of it was a dye that they used to check for leaks...not to sound gross...but the diarrhea was this awful black green color...so once the dye ran through me it stopped a little bit.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 11/8/08 8:18 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Trish!

My plans for today are to find a laundromat in the area and do some laundry.  Exciting, no?

Other than that - we really have nothing on the agenda.

It'll be to bed early as I do have work tomorrow morning.

Pam
bubble273
on 11/8/08 8:47 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Sunday morning everyone!!

Today has me proofreading a job for one of my best friends.  She's always trying to help me get extra money.  So, again, thanks Gwen!!!

I actually in a little bit want to run to Walgreens to get a few Chrismas items that I saw were for sale there.  They're selling boxed Christmas cards buy 1, get 2 free!!!  So I want to get over there and get some before they're all gone.

Other than that, nothing else on the agenda.   Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views