Jamaican Jerk Flank Steak

Shannon O.
on 11/8/08 1:52 am - Reading, PA

Remember to use splenda instead of the sugar... or just leave it out... but if you aren't a big fan of cloves or allspice cut down the amount in it...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/jamaican-jer k-flank-steak-recipe/index.html

Ingredients

• Cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground allspice
  • 2 teaspoons ground cloves
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
  • 2 1/2 pounds flank steak
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Preheat grill, grill pan or broiler. Coat a grill, large baking sheet or shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.

In a shallow dish, whisk together vinegar, sugar, allspice, cloves, basil, thyme, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Add flank steak and turn to coat (you may marinate up to 24 hours at this point).

Transfer flank steak to prepared pan and pour over any remaining marinade. Grill or broil 5 minutes per side, until medium-rare. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into thin slices. Serve 12 ounces for tonight's dinner (about 1/3 of the total). Refrigerate leftovers until ready to use.

Here is what someone left in the comments about this recipe for a different idea-

I thought this recipe was really good. I made alot of changes to it though. I left out the cloves, and the thyme. And instead of grilling a flank steak, I put a few sirloin steaks in a roasting pan then I put the red wine vinegar over it. Then I took all the other spices with the hot sauce and made a thick paste. Then I took the paste and spread it on the steak with the back of a spoon. Then I added about 1/4 cup of water, and poured in the same amount of olive oil. Then I put it in the oven on 350 degrees and cooked it for about 3 hours or just until it started to get tender. I flipped it over halfway through. It turned out wonderful and everybody loved it. I will definitly make it again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views