GAS

DianeMarie
on 11/7/08 5:32 am - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!

Since my surgery Wednesday I've been feeling better every day that passes.  I went out with my daughter today and the GAS finally hit.  It's so bad I almost double over.  Is there any tricks besides walking to get rid of this?

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
deeg
on 11/7/08 5:51 am - Quakertown, PA
I had my surgery on Monday, and the ga**** about 2 days later also.  My doctor told me to just keep walking, and bending at the waist from side to side and front to back as well as twisting.  It does take a while to get rid of this nasty feeling though.  Hope this helps.....good luck.
Dee
Pam Hart
on 11/7/08 6:21 am - Easton, PA
Keep walking...and Dr. P (my surgeon) gave me these "hula movements" as she called them to do....basically stretching backwards, stretching forwards, and rotating your hips like you had a hula hoop on only more exaggerated and slowly.  She also allowed me to take gas x the chewables right after surgery and they worked wonders - check w/ your surgeon on this.

Glad to see you on the boards....I did get your message...and appologize profusely for not returning your call.  I did post the message, however.

Welcome!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
rita61677
on 11/7/08 8:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
I agree with Pam - Dr. P's "belly dance" worked really well. I also walked alot and used gas x strips. They were my best friend for 3 weeks or so.
Shannon O.
on 11/7/08 9:40 pm - Reading, PA
Also peppermint tea helps to keep things moving out... and a heating pad... I was told that trick when I had my c-section... so when you resting on the couch lay it on your tummy... it will also help get the excess water out faster too... so if you do that... don't leave the house because when you have to go pee... well there will be a lot lol...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views