What a nightmare!

LisaAC
on 11/6/08 11:46 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I had a terrible dream and had to share it with people who'd understand! 

In the dream, I get up in the morning and look in the mirror...something is different and I'm not sure what...then I see...as I'm watching...all my weight is coming back...moment by moment...my body is changing...my collarbone disappears...my neck...everything is just changing as I watch helplessly.  I woke up in panic attack mode.

Jeez, that was disturbing!
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
tammypa
on 11/7/08 12:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lisa,
That was a horrible dream.
Someone told me that if you have a bad dream and then tell it to someone -
 then it can't come true.
You have shared it - so you are okay now.
Hope you have sweet dreams tonight.
Tammy
LisaAC
on 11/7/08 6:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks, Tammy...I'll take your word on that!
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
keri2008
on 11/7/08 5:03 am - PA
I'm so sorry you had such a horrible nightmare!  I didn't have that when sleeping but the first two to three weeks after my surgery I would wake up in the AM and be completely filled with dread.  That it wasn't going to work and then as time went on that the weight that was coming off would all be back on when I got out of bed.  Nasty stuff.  Just remind yourself it was just a nightmare and that you're okay!

kERI
LisaAC
on 11/7/08 6:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks, Keri!
Pam Hart
on 11/7/08 6:22 am - Easton, PA
Wow....what a nightmare is right!!

Goes to show you...they didn't fix our heads.

It also (I think) shows how dedicated you are to this lifestyle...and even subconsciously think about it.

Better nights sleep tonight!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
LisaAC
on 11/9/08 2:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks, Pam!
CherylT
on 11/8/08 8:21 am - Perkasie, PA
That is a horrible dream. But it can't hurt you. Maybe try and look at it as a blessing in disguise--an affirmation of the enormity of your concern for your health and how hard you've worked and will never go back to your old ways.

I've had lots of disturbing dreams. Dreams of my teeth falling out, of eating everything in sight, of my ex-husband sleeping with me AND living with his girlfriend ---- I had that one for about a year after my divorce until it finally stopped.

LisaAC
on 11/9/08 2:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks, Cheryl...your dreams of your ex sound really upsetting...I'm glad they finally stopped!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views