Citracal Chews

amy M.
on 11/6/08 11:06 pm - PA
Wondering if anyone eats Citracal chews instead of taking calcium citrate pills everyday?  I am 6 weeks post op RNY.  I was told to take 1200mg of calcium citrate daily.  But the pills are soooo big and I have to take 4 of them in addition to all of my other meds.  I want to buy the chews but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks
Amy
Nubianlilly
on 11/7/08 1:31 am - PA
The ones I take are from Bariatric Advantage.  They are chewable, but I usually suck on them for awhile like candy.  Good luck.

- Angela

therealfroglady
on 11/7/08 8:38 am - mill hall , PA
I SAW SOME IN AT WALMART THEY WHERE CARMELS I BEILEVE

God bless everyone on their journey to a healthier life!!
Wendy

BellaNell
on 11/7/08 11:41 am - Pleasant Mt., PA
 Be sure the chews are Calcium Citrate...check the labels carefully.  We cannot absorb calcium carbonate.
sbrunell
on 11/7/08 12:16 pm - Bensalem, PA
I believe you need to look at the inactive ingredients as well.....some are using Honey or Molasses to sweeten the product.  Also, many are calcium carbonate, which you need stomach acid to dissolve....
The Bariatric advantage Cinnamon tastes like a Red Hot candy and is easy to deal with. They have them at Barix, but you can buy them online.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

rita61677
on 11/8/08 2:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
i think i checked these out at my local store and they had too much sugar in them. but you may want to double check because im not sure if im thinking of the right product.
*Jennifer Juniper*
on 11/9/08 6:42 am - Philly Girl, PA

I used Viactive in carmel flavor for a little while until I could take the pills. We can absorb calcium carbonate we just absorb calcium citrate better.

Jennifer*

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views