feeling really sick.. not sure what to do..

JennLFin
on 11/6/08 10:55 pm - Harleysville, PA
Hi guys..

I know I havent been around in awhile... (Just not enough hours in the day when you have 4 year old twins!) But I need some advice... I have been feeling really poorly for 2 weeks now.. Last week I felt like something was stuck in my throat.... (I thought maybe my vitamin got stuck.) Had alot of pain when I swallowed.. That went away, but now, I have constant pain in the center of my chest, worse in the morning. I threw up twice on Wed, which I havent done in ages... rather than calling Barix and waiting a hundred years for a response, I thought about just going to the GI Dr here I have seen in the past for other stomach stuff before I had RNY.... Is that a bad idea? I like Barix, but since Dr. Brader left, and I got Dr Boe, he's nice and all, but he really doesnt know me, and didnt do my surgery, so I am not feeling a huge attachment to him... Just would love some input... I am tired of feeling crappy.

Jen
RNY 1/9/07

I am beautiful, no matter what they say, words cant bring me down
I am beautiful, in every single way, words cant bring me down.
Shannon O.
on 11/6/08 11:00 pm - Reading, PA
call brader's office in lancaster... see if he will take ya one... or ask him about going to the GI doc... but I do hope you find out what is going on soon... hugs!

Liz R.
on 11/6/08 11:02 pm - Easton, PA
Jen - call Dr Brader - leave a message with Karen about what is going on. more then likely the man himself (LOVE HIM) will call you back later today - call early sometimes I think he leaves early on fridays. If he wants to see you the drive isn't bad at all - think that it took me about 1hr 20 minutes from Horsham in traffic. WELL WORTH it - incase you didn't know... LOVE Dr Brader! lol Maybe ulcers?

Hope you feel better soon!

Liz
dit657
on 11/6/08 11:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Liz and Shannon are 100% right - call Dr Brader. I had Dr Boe and I love him, but he didn't do your surgery and doesn't know your body and/or history like Dr Brader. I saw Dr Brader speak at the May pilgrimage and he was awesome - I know he'll take good care of whatever is bothering you.

Keep us posted...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shan08
on 11/7/08 2:42 am - the Skook, PA

HI there twin-mommy... boy do I ever know what u mean (my twins are 5 yrs old).  Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for you as far as your illness goes, but I do hope you start to feel better soon!! 

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Dennis Belk
on 11/7/08 12:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Jenn,
Boy these gals are SO smart.
Call your surgeon Dr. Brader. He's still your surgeon and always will be.
888-544-2935, Lancaster General Hospital.
Feel better baby,

Dennis
Pam Hart
on 11/7/08 8:14 pm - Easton, PA
I can't give you any more advice that what all these wonderful people have already done.

I hope you feel better very very soon!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views