Support Group / Cooking Class - TOMORROW!!

Liz R.
on 11/6/08 8:11 pm - Easton, PA
Well by popular demand we will be having the support group / cooking class at my house Saturday November 8th - noon until ????

This month we will be focusing on making healthier versions of Thanksgiving favorites! If you have a Thanksgiving favorite you would like re-worked let me know and we'll come up with something (even if you can't attend I'll post the recipe).

To help offset the costs a bit we are asking for a small donation of either an ingredient, beverage etc.

65 Raubsville Road
Easton PA 18042
610-462-1204

Hope to see some more of you November 8th! We had a great time with the last one and look forward to doing it again!

Liz  

The menu includes: (To get you drooling! lol)
sugar free pumpkin pie
eggplant based stuffing
"tradional"  but WLS friendly stuffing
a potato dish
chicken meatballs
crab stuffed mushrooms

AND what has gotten the most postive responses!
jellied cranberry sauce!

Look forward to seeing whoever can make it there! Let me know if you need directions - oh and feel free to park on the grass, facing the garage (perpendicular to the road so we can fit in more cars!) or in the driveway, it'll be empty - I'll put my car in the garage.

Liz
dit657
on 11/6/08 9:01 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Since my family is so small here right now cooking for the holiday isn't going to be a huge challenge, but I would love the recipe for that jellied cranberry sauce! Its one of my favorites and I'm guessing the regular canned stuff is loaded with sugar, which is a big no-no for me. I figured I'll make the pumpkin pudding for myself (can't remember who posted the recipe but it looks good) and have regular pies for other family members.

have fun tomorrow!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Dennis Belk
on 11/7/08 12:27 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Liz,
I'll bring some cash like Everyone else, but if you need something last minute I'll call before leaving.
Thanks for doing this.
I'll see ya there!

Dennis
Pam Hart
on 11/7/08 12:55 pm - Easton, PA
ooohhh I can't wait!! 

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/08 10:19 pm - Poconos, PA
I can't wait. I'm so excited!! I bought all my ingredients yesterday, I have my directions, a full tank of gas and I'm ready to go! FYI though - If you get a phone call from some maniac screaming "HELP ME!! HELP ME!!!" Don't hang up! That's just me and it means I'm lost....lol

See you all later!!
Pam Hart
on 11/7/08 10:52 pm - Easton, PA
YAY!!!  I get to meet Valerie!!!

Will the hubby be joining you later on?

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/08 11:07 pm - Poconos, PA
I KNOW! I can't wait!!

Unfortunately, hubby will not be joing us. He's working 10-7 today. He tried to switch shifts with one of his guys so he would have finished up at 2 and then been able to come down for just an hour or so but the guy blew him off and never answered him. Hopefully next time though.
Stephanie Y.
on 11/8/08 3:15 am - East Greenville, PA
I am very excited to see that there is a support group!!!  I live in East Greenville (near quakertown) and work in Hellertown so i would love to join your group if you have room.  My WLS is next week and i think it would be nice to have support asap after surg.  Please let me know

Thank you

Stephanie
Liz R.
on 11/9/08 8:01 pm - Easton, PA
Stephanie - We'd love to have you! Best of luck with your surgery next week - if you need anything - we are all here!

Liz

PS - Details to come this week about next month's meeting.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views