back trouble

Polly S.
on 11/6/08 2:57 pm - PA
I have had the worst back pain, it is right below where my bra snaps. I got a UT infection and thought it might be my kidneys. The UT infection has cleared up after 10 days of meds. But my back still hurts. I have had a CT scan and ultra sound on my kidneys and gladder and everything is ok.

It is a dull achy pain.
I am almost 4 weeks post-op.
Polly Stello
Patricia R.
on 11/6/08 6:50 pm - Perry, MI

I had a back pain early out due to not sleeping right from the surgery.  I had open RNY, and between getting in and out of the hospital bed weird, and sleeping only on my back for a while, my back ached big time.  Once my incision healed, and I was able to sleep in other positions, it eased up.  I did get to my chiropractor once I could lay on my stomach, and got my back adjusted. 

Try a heating pad, and ask your doc about taking some Tylenol for it. 

Good luck.
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 11/6/08 7:11 pm - Easton, PA
I'm glad to hear you already had a CT done and things like that.  The pain is a little high for kidney stones, but is not unheard of.

It could be what Trish said...how you are sleeping and or walking as well.  After surgery we tend to "guard" our body position when walking and sitting...and we throw everything out of alignment.

Definately talk to your surgeon about it and primary doc if needed.  Take some tylenol at the very least if you are allowed that.

Good luck, feel better, and keep us updated.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 11/6/08 8:57 pm - Boothwyn, PA
At 2 weeks post-op I had the worst back pain I have ever experienced - my husband had to help me from the bed to the bathroom - all of about 10-15 steps. When I saw my surgeon for my 2 week visit he felt it was due to them cutting thru stomach muscles for my RNY and that I didn't have the same support I used to - it didn't last long - a few days - but it was nasty for a while.

Check with your surgeon - it could be something as simple as that - or it could be something more serious, but I'd check with your WLS surgeon first.

Good luck - let us know how you're doing.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 11/6/08 10:30 pm - Reading, PA
I get pain like that all the time... for me it is because of where I lose weight at... the front of me now carries most of my weight so it pulls on my back, neck, and hips... I see a chiropractor about once a month to fix me... and afterwards it is amazing how good I feel... so call your gastric bypass doc and see if it is ok for you to see a chiro since you are still healing from surgery... if not do it once you do get the clear...

Liz R.
on 11/7/08 4:34 am - Easton, PA
I am in the same boat as Shannon. The way that I lost my weight I still have the "fluff" up front and it pulls on my spine in weird ways so I see the chiro regularly, about once a month to correct my issues. The chiro I see (Dr Robin Linster in Doylestown) is fantastic she also has given me stretches and exercises that help to strenghten my core which keeps my back in line.

Best of luck! Good idea talking to the Dr and getting the tests done though! Can never hurt to have them involved

Liz
Melanie B.
on 11/7/08 4:44 am - Doylestown, PA
I was in excrutiating back pain from the moment i woke up from surgery until about 4 weeks post op. for me i think it was being strapped to the table for 3 hours and already having a back problem to begin with.

good luck.

CherylT
on 11/8/08 8:04 am - Perkasie, PA
I hope your back feels better soon. Please excuse me for using this thread to whine about my lower back pain, but it hurts sooooo bad. It decided to go out today when I got out of the car at BCCC to take my four hour pre-RN exam! It just got worse and I have a really good chance at failing the test. I came home and took some of the liquid vicodin leftover from my surgery, and I'm finally getting relief. Can somebody please shoot me?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views