Friday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 11/6/08 2:25 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hey everyone, I am in from work and decided to start roll call.
Thanks for all the well wishes on the Plastics.

I am going to sleep in a little and then go to the gym. I may head over and see if Jason wants to eat lunch together.

Then I will do some chores and head back to work.

Very boring day I know.

I hope yours is more exciting!!!
Patricia R.
on 11/6/08 3:48 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Nicole,
I can't sleep again for the 4th night in a row. 

My day involves attending my AA meeting, going to work and then driving to my therapist's.  Nothing earth shattering, just hope the weather is as nice as they said it should be.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 11/6/08 7:09 pm - Easton, PA
I woke up about 45 mins before I needed to...so am taking the time to explore the boards.

I will be at work from 8-4 (hopefully a little earlier, ha ha)  Yesterday was not like I had imagined it to be - I didn't get to "play" out on the floor.  I did get a quick tour (not that I remember where anything is I might add...and will be lost for what seems like forever there) but we (there is another nurse working in the ER with me in the same orientation class) were put in an office and given lots of computer work to do.  Not that it wasn't educational...don't get me wrong...I just have been in the classroom all week and will be again today and was looking for a change.

After work I will be coming home...and then changing and going to the food store.  It will be our first time there and I'm actually excited to go do it!  How pathetic!!

Then we will come home....eat dinner (still to be determined)...I have to do some prep work for a dish I am bringing to LIz's house tomorrow (her cooking support group) and then hopefully hubby and I will be able to catch a movie at home.  We were supposed to last night...but due to a situation with a friend...we were tied up with that.

Have a great day, all!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 11/6/08 11:04 pm - Reading, PA
not sure which store you are going to... but Giant takes computer printed coupons... and Redners does not... not sure about wise, acme, sure fine etc... and don't forget to get the bonus card where ever you go...

Liz R.
on 11/6/08 8:03 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!

I am here at work - and must say that since I read Pam's post about a friend in need, all be it a mystery a cloud has come over me. I'll be thinking of, praying for and sending positive vibes out to said mystery person/people. I feel that we have all become so close, bonded by our surgeries that each and everyone of you are truly my friends and hold a special place in my heart.

After work today I am going to my Mom's to see their new floors then home to clean the house for the support group / cooking class tomorrow.

Oh and Pam - I was excited to shop the first time in the new house too!

Liz
dit657
on 11/6/08 8:54 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi everybody - TGIF!! Man this has been one long week - whew! And the weather is so kooky - don't know how to dress these days. I'm actually having a 'feel good about my body' day today - am wearing my fav jeans today - they fit really nice - not bagging or sagging anywhere - and a black tee that I got in Bermuda - I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and was very pleased with my reflection - doesn't happen often, but when it does - woo hoo!!

At work today but leaving @ 3:30 - doing something pretty cool tonight - close friend of mine was invited to a special evening at the QVC Studios in West Chester and to bring a friend - ME! We get there at 6:00 for ****tails and food, at 7:00 we get a studio tour and meet some of the show hosts, and from 8:00 to 10:00 we're in the studio audience for a special gold jewelry presentation - how cool is that?! I'm taking cash to limit my spending - god knows I used to be the Queen of QVC but have weaned myself off it and actually haven't shopped on there in years, but this sounded like something different and fun, and I don't get the opportunity to do stuff like this with this particular friend anymore, so I was thrilled she asked me. So I'll be heading home at 3:30 today so I can change into dressier clothing (they want us dressed up to try jewelry on - I think I've died and gone to heaven!!).

After that the weekend is pretty quiet for me - stuff around the house - maybe cleaning out some closets and lots of walks with the dog. Oh, and getting my butt back to the gym starting tomorrow to shake my body up and get this weight moving (I have lost 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks, so I'm pleased about that).

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/08 9:59 pm
Kathy
    You will have a blast out at the QVC Studio ..I have gone out for several live shows and got to meet the host along with some stars thrown in the mix. It is an awesome experince and we always have had a good time. If you are going in for a live show an FYI we learned being down front is not the best because of all the cameras and such.

Enjoy!

Signed
A QVC Addict!
dit657
on 11/6/08 10:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I know - I'm so excited to be going!! Years ago my friend and I would tape fashion days and run home at lunch and watch the tapes to try and buy things before they sold out!! She's still much addicted to it but I've sort of gotten away from it. Between here and I we could probably take our QVC jewels in and match whatever they're putting out tonight!

Thanks for the tip about where to sit, too - wouldn't have thought about that. I'll let you know how it goes.

Kathy

Nicole0216
on 11/7/08 12:58 am - Lancaster, PA
that sounds cool. My mom is a QVC addict. I always wanted to be able to take her for something like that when she visits, how do you get invited?
dit657
on 11/7/08 1:46 am - Boothwyn, PA
My gf got the invitation and I'm not sure how - I know she just bought 2 BIG pieces of jewelry - from their 'Once in a Lifetime' show for her son's wedding - maybe that's why they invited her - she's a big spender on there. I think its random...but I do think you can contact them for a tour and to be in the audience - its worth a try.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views