Hypoglycemia?? I guess so!

Patricia R.
on 11/6/08 10:40 am - Perry, MI
Many years ago, I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia.  It was very challenging, because I would be standing in front of a classroom full of students and just fall apart, physically and emotionally.  I would actually start crying from it. 

What worked for me during those episodes was to have in my purse those cheese and cracker packs, the ones with six crackers in them.  I like the Cheddar on Wheat flavor.  I would also have the tiniest can of V-8 in my purse to wa**** down. 

Prior to my surgery, I was pre-diabetic.  My blood sugar has been normal since my surgery, with the occassional drop.  Having been hypoglycemic all those years, I am really tuned in to when I feel my blood sugar dipping, and can grab something to eat right away and get it normalized fast.  Usually a cheesestick and couple of bites of a pretzel is all it takes, or a cup of yoguert helps as well.

I was not aware that hypoglycemia is common in post-ops.  Fascinating.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views