Day full of emotions ( a little long)

ktreavis
on 11/5/08 6:54 pm - PA
Today is my last day at the daycare I have been at for 5 years. I am pretty sad knowing that I won't have the same relationships with these staff, children and families, even though I know that I am making a major advance in my career in the long run. So today will be full of goodbyes and well wishes. I made a gift for each one of my 30 staff members and I ope they enjoy them. I will be working extra long today so that I can see all of the paretns at pick up time.
Then as if this isn't enpugh stress already, we are moving tomorrow. My mom has lived in this house for almost 40 years and it is going to be tough. SO anyway, thought I'd give you all a little update.
On Tuesday, I went to Barix to see two of our newest losers. Susan was at Saturday's meeting, she was doing well and actually was discharged in time to go vote. Sherri happens to be one of the parents at my daycare and she is doing well also. There is another Sheri having surgery today and I hope to get a chance to go and see her tomorrow. Our surgeons have been pretty busy. Kathy said there were 9 RNY patients on Tuesday night. Lots more people for us to get together with.
On Halloween I had my 6 month appt with Dr. P, she is very pleased and told me to continue what I am doing.
Sorry this was so long, just wanted to let everyone know where I've been.

Love ya all,
Katie

Progress not perfection

Liz R.
on 11/5/08 8:13 pm - Easton, PA
Katie - Congrats on the thumbs up for the 6 moth visit!

best of luck with the move - what area are you headed to? Also good luck with the new job!

Liz
dit657
on 11/5/08 8:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on the new job, but its always sad leaving friends and co-workers behind - it will be an emotional day for you, but try to cope as best you can (and not with food - LOL!!). Life goes on...

I met Susan at the meeting on Saturday at Barix - she seemed ready and raring to go with her surgery - I think I met the other Sheri as well - she and I were both late and walked into the meeting together. They're going to do great - and thanks so much for the update!

Hang in there - its going to be a long day for you  but you'll get thru it. We're here if you need us.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 11/5/08 9:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Katie,
Congrats on your 6 month checkup. You look wonderful - glad that all is well.
I guess that as you move on you can think back on how you have helped your coworkers and
the families at the daycare. I am sure they will always remember you as you were a big part of their lives. Best of luck on the new job and your move.
Tammy
Laureen S.
on 11/5/08 10:29 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Katie,

It's never easy leaving a job (unless it's one you don't like), but you're making a big move for the right reasons and there will be new friends in your future I'm sure, so hope you have a happy exit from what was and I'm sure you'll do well in your new position!

That's great about the new losers and potential new attendees at our support groups, as well as your visit with Dr. P, I had my 1 year post-op the same day as you and she was pleased with me as well.

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

EileenWalton
on 11/6/08 12:07 am

Good luck today.  It's sure to be an emotional one.  Congrats on the 6 month report.  You have done so well in such a short period of time.

Eileen

New_Beginnings_36
on 11/6/08 4:09 am - PA
Katie - Congrats on your 6 month check-up and your new job!
Good luck with your move, try to stay dry.

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Nicole0216
on 11/6/08 7:51 am - Lancaster, PA
Change even good change is hard. But congrats on your good change and resilliancy.
Pam Hart
on 11/6/08 8:54 am - Easton, PA
Katie,

My heart goes out to you with the last day at work and moving.  My last day at work was Thursday night shift 11p-7a from 10/30/08 - 10/31/08 and then on 11/1 the next day, we moved.  I was also at my job 5 years.  I cried a considerable amount that night...and the next day....and then moving day.  We didn't have an emotional attatchment to the house...so I can only imagine how that compounds everything.

Glad to hear everything at Barix went so incredibly well!!  But of course, we already knew that because you are one tough cookie.

Thanks for visiting with the newest members of the losers bench - I'm sure it meant the world to them!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Gail M.
on 11/6/08 12:47 pm - Scranton, PA
Katie,
   It's funny how the people you work with become your family isn't it! I left my job in May after 25 years.  It's very sad because no matter how close you are to them, you do grow distant after not seeing them every day.  But cheer up because closing one door opens another.  You will become close to people at you new job.  It may take some time but it will happen.
  Good luck and keep your chin up!
Gail

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views