***Thursday Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 11/5/08 2:07 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I was so tired when I laid down, I fell asleep during Law and Order.  I will have to catch it on the reruns. 

Yesterday, I was supposed to have my after school club, but ended up rescheduling it for today.  So, I will be busy again today.  I also have to get some bloodwork done after school.  I had hoped to get it done yesterday, but I had a killer headache after school.  This evening I have my group. 

I hope you have a terrific day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 11/5/08 6:06 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Trish and Pa!

I must be getting semi used to this day schedule as I woke up before my alarm and have a little extra time this morning :)

Today is my first (and only for this week) day in the actual ER.  I don't think  I will be doing much, and because I haven't been certified in IV and phlebotomy by this facility (normal practicing standards...) I am not allowed to start IVs etc even today.  So...I think today will just be meeting my "preceptor" (who will be in charge of training me) getting a feel for the layout (if that is possible in one day in that ER!) and what not.  I know I have to be there at 7:15....not real sure if today is an 8 or 12 hour day - but I believe it is 8 hours.

Anyway - as of yesterday we got the last thing hung up on the wall!  Whoo hoo!!  So today I plan on taking it easy, coming home, and watching some TV w/ hubby.  We haven't gotten to do a whole lot of "enjoying" the new place with being so busy - so that is tonights schedule.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
shoutjoy
on 11/5/08 6:43 pm, edited 11/5/08 6:44 pm - Culpeper, VA
Mornin all!

Today is the day before my gallbladder surgery so I have alot to do.  I am not going to bore you with details. 

What do you think about this awesome Indian Summer!!  It sure is nice.  However, soon, shoveling that white stuff lol.

Paula
Laureen S.
on 11/5/08 10:42 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

Sending you positive healing thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Liz R.
on 11/5/08 7:58 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Everyone! I am here at work - ugh. thank goodness it is already thursday though! Today after work I have to stop at the bulk foods store for a few things then get gas and stop at Mom's. They are re-doing their floors and she wants me to see it "naked" lol. Then home to do some laundry, empty the dishwasher and clean up the house for saturday!

Have a great day all

Liz

PS - good luck tomorrow Paula!
dit657
on 11/5/08 8:54 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everybody - not so sure I'm happy about this indian summer - its so humid and weird out - my body was finally adjusting to the cold!

Not much on my agenda today - Walmart at lunch - they just opened a Supercenter by work and its fantastic - their grocery store side prices are so much better than my local stores, so I make that my mid-week pick-up place.

Tonight taking mom to Walgreen's so she can stock up on personal items while I run to Kohl's to exchange/return some items. Other than that its going to be a pretty boring day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 11/5/08 9:03 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning All,
I'm finishing up my 2-5 page paper for Economics as well as the power point presentation due tonight. then I have 2 quizzes to take that I missed during my time off for surgery.
Gene met with Dr. Skalicky on Monday and his Plastic Surgery is scheduled for Nov. 13th. So we are in high gear right now trying to get everything together so that I am able to take care of him and he is comfortable. I will find out on the 12th when I'll be released to go back to work, I'm hoping to be out until the week of thanksgiving that way it's a short week and my boss already told me that when I come back to take it easy, when I get tired I'm to go home, and I won't be charged with using any of my sick or personal time, how cool is that
Hope everyone has a great day
Ida

IdaMae

bubble273
on 11/5/08 10:56 pm - Levittown, PA
Good Thursday everyone.

My day started out with Connor searching for one of those helicopter seed thingies for his science project.  Then he was a bugger the rest of the morning.  Sometimes you just want to whack the hell out of them with their mouths.  He's been very fresh.  It's time to pull out some pepper!!!

After dropping him off, I've come back and started to do more transcribing.  So that's it for me today, just working.  Tonight I'm heading to Kohl's with my bestest friend so I can get a few things for my new job at Macy's.  She has a 30% off coupon.  So I'm all up on that!!!  Mine was only 15%.  So she's letting me use hers.  So we're going to shop, shop, shop!!!

Well, that's all she wrote for today.  Have a great one!!!

Karen

Laureen S.
on 11/5/08 10:57 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish & PA Friends!

Just wanted to say hey and let you all know I've had a very stressful week with the construction getting underway at my house, seems the lady at the permits department really knows how not to get her job done, meaning that when the inspector came on Monday to give the ok on the hole we dug out for foundation, it was denied because we did not have the plans posted, which we didn't know had to be since it's been over three weeks that we got permission to proceed, but in that time frame, the woman who works in the permits office could not manage to put the permit package in the mail which has the plans that need to be posted in the first place, duh, did she not realize that when I spoke to her Monday morning asking for the inspection and her telling me that well he has to come today, otherwise you'll have to wait until Thr. . .  grrrr, anyway, the guys doing the construction had to come back Monday evening and cover everything up with a tarp due to the weather we're having, not to mention the inconvenience of me having concrete cinder blocks where my car should be parked in the driveway and with most families having multiple cars, parking on the street, since we are only allowed to do so on one side of the street due to having the fire and rescue squad down the street from us, not to mention I can't let Dillinger out to use the backyard right now, so instead of getting up at 4:30 a.m., now I have to get up even earlier to be able to walk him, on top of all this, Tony and I broke up over a very important issue to me, so Monday and Tuesday was a rough days for me, Tony and I are now talking things through, so hopefully we can go in a forward direction, if not, then I guess it's not meant to be and I'm too grown up and unwilling to settle for less than I feel is what I deserve today.  Guess I'm making up for not really posting here all week (lol). . .  Thanks for listening.

Hope you all have a great day and prayers and positive thoughts going out for all,

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views