FOOD - Is it always on your mind??

dit657
on 11/6/08 2:07 am - Boothwyn, PA
Because its always on my mind! Don't get me wrong - I don't sit around craving cheesesteaks, donuts or sundaes - I really could care less about any of those things anymore. My food fastination is that I'm always thinking about my protein intake, calories, carbs, when to eat, what to eat, how to eat - and I'm 9 months out - does this ever change for us?

I guess not losing that 'obsession' is a good thing because if I do then I'll drift back into that mindless eating mode where I just stuff food into my mouth and don't think about it, while the pounds start attacking me again and I blow up like a balloon!!?

I'm not even sure why I thought about this today - maybe because I met with my nut last night and we went over my food logs (which she was very pleased with) - but I think having to log it all keeps it first and foremost in my mind as well. Maybe because I'm getting bored with my current menu(s) and am in need of something more interesting?

The only real thing that bothers me about thinking about this all the time is that food is always on my mind and I end up with head hunger and wanting to graze (especially if I'm bored), and that's not good.

Sorry for rambling...must be the weather!! But was just wondering if we're all still food obsessed, just in a different way now. Or just tell me I'm a loon and we'll let it go at that!

Thanks for letting me ramble on....Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/08 2:32 am
Kathy...

I feel I think about it all the time now where before I just ate when I wanted to eat or pick all day. Now it is what an I am having wht time is it ..Do I need to eat again.
Then I have an odd day where I will crave a cheeseburger...it is always a cheeseburger that I crave. I think that is because that was my comfort food of choice.

So you are not alone at all on thinking about food.....I am trying to balance it though.
Liz R.
on 11/6/08 2:39 am - Easton, PA
Kathy - Food isn't on my mind as much as it was the first year. By now it just seems to be routine. I know what products are "safe" in the grocery store so I can just pick them up. I know what meals I can order out at our usual places and don't have to scrutinize every ingredient anymroe. I still think a lot about it but it is far less then it used to be - I am almost 2 years out.

Hope this helps!

Liz
jackie j
on 11/6/08 4:38 am - Glenmoore, PA
Yes, it's still always on my mind.  I am in heaven at the grocery store.  Takes me 2 hours to shop!! because I just love being there.    I'd love to open a WLS restaurant but I'm afraid I'd eat myself to death (even on the good stuff!)  hehehehehe    BTW, you are right in the "hunger increase zone" timewise in the journey so keep focusing on those food logs,  try to dry up your food and not eat slider foods to keep you fuller, longer and be steady with your exercise and just power through mentally the best you can. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Pam Hart
on 11/6/08 6:07 am - Easton, PA
I still think about it all day as well.

In fact - even w/ my protein reduction...I found myself calculating my protein on the way home from work today how much I had.

And like Beth...I want to snack more often.  Sometimes I do...sometimes I don't.....and need to make it a daily reminder.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
J. M.
on 11/6/08 7:44 am
Yes. It's is always on my mind.

~ Jen   

Nicole0216
on 11/6/08 7:44 am - Lancaster, PA

every second of every day

CherylT
on 11/6/08 9:27 am - Perkasie, PA
Yup. The healthy and the not-so-healthy are always on my mind, and how can I have what I want without gaining.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views