PATS at Barix Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilkrox
on 11/5/08 9:22 am - PA
Yea!  I was at Barix today for all the testing.  All is set for Wednesday the 12th.  I feel like I am in a dream.  Day four of the liquid phase and I am going nuts.   I want my head to stop playing games.   Does it ever stop??????  I am so excited to be on my way to success.  The testing was efficient.  But I never even saw Dr. Boe.  Will he talk before surgery or is it wake up and done?  I sense agony. It was cool how they prepare you for the hospital stay and they did not sugar coat it, hahaha.  Looking down a long road and the journey starts in 6 days.   Hope for me.  Best of luck to all this week. 
Pam Hart
on 11/5/08 9:59 am - Easton, PA
I was surprised to not have seen my surgeon (dr. p) day of PATs either - but it is normal practice at Barix.

I did see Dr. P before surgery.  In fact - I was a crying mess because I had refused to acknowledge any of my emotions before hand and became a blubbering idiot in the waiting room.  Your doctor (boe) HAS to come in and see you before surgery because as per standard health practices, the surgeon has to explain the procedure to you before you can sign consent morning of surgery.  So yes, you will see him.  Dr. Pupkova did NOT see my family prior to my surgery (she did come out and speak to them after the procedure) but I would place any amount of money on it that if I had asked her to, she would have.

Congrats - PATs complete is a big step.

The head games come and go.  You will feel head hunger after surgery - but not nearly as intense as what you are feeling pre op.  I found getting out and walking and moving or doing something helped with that.

Your date will be here soon!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 11/5/08 10:13 am - Lancaster, PA
congrats that is so exciting.
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/08 12:58 pm
One step closer to being a loser!  Next Wednesday will be here before you know it.  Congratulations.

HG
dit657
on 11/5/08 8:49 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I didn't see Dr Boe at PATs, but yes, he did come into the room prior to surgery and talked to me for a while - made sure I was okay - feeling alright - ready for the surgery. Afterward he went out and talked to my husband and filled him in on everything. Once you're in your room you'll see Dr Boe and he'll take his time to visit with you and answer questions, etc. Everyone at Barix is very caring and the personal attention is wonderful.

Your head will be spinning for a few more days - its becoming such a reality for you now but you will calm down and be ready for the big day when it comes. Its normal to be nervous - we'd all be concerned about you if you weren't - its major surgery and it is life-changing - being prepared ahead of time really helps post-op.

Congrats - the big day is coming!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bubble273
on 11/5/08 11:00 pm - Levittown, PA
Congratulations...and good luck to you!!!  Like I told you, if you need anything or have any questions, feel free to PM me.  Take care.

Karen

EileenWalton
on 11/6/08 12:32 am
Congrats on getting through PATs.  The liquid diet really sucks, but you are already on day 5 and that is the day that the hunger stopped for me.  You will get through it.  Because of cir****tances beyond my control, I was on the liquid diet for 17 days.  If I can do that, you can do 10!  Dr. Boe will be in to speak with you prior to surgery.  He actually spent a good bit of time with me going over everything and making sure I was calm.  Good luck.  You will do great. 
Eileen

amy C.
on 11/6/08 8:52 am
Congratualtions!!!!!  I had never had surgery prior to RNY and let me tell you I thought Barix was wonderful!!!! My parents who were up there  awhile with me loved them too.     You will be in good hands.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views