What's up with all the non-sweaters at the gym??

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 12:34 pm
I don't know about all of you, but I sweat buckets when I work out.  Drenched, dripping wet, look like I jumped in the shower with my clothes on kind of sweaty.  My face gets red....not nearly as bad as when I weighed 140 ish pounds more, but still red...I was like that as a skinny little kid....I guess its my Irish/Scottish/Polish fair skinned heritage....who knows....it just gets red.  Of course, occasionally, some pudwacker will feel the need to point it out to me, like I am not already aware of it LOL 

So, I have noticed recently, that 75% of the people that are working out do not sweat at all..nothing, nada, zip.  They leave looking as good as when they come in. The rest break a very mild sweat....maybe a bead or two rolling off their brow.  Now, I know I have always been a big sweater...more than most, but shouldn't more peoIple be drenched?  I feel like a freak....please tell me I am not the only one that sweats so heavily!! 

HG
Pam Hart
on 11/4/08 6:20 pm - Easton, PA
They are just not kicking a$$ like you are.  End of story.

Isn't it brader (brader or boe) who says "When you go to exercise you should not be able to look like you can go shopping directly afterwards?"

You're not a freak (well....that's for debate for a different reason...LOL) but you do know how to kick it up into high gear.

Yes it's possible you sweat more...and my face turns red too...and those same people make comments to me as well.

Keep up the sweatin work!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
rita61677
on 11/4/08 6:46 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I thought this was just me ... but its not. THANK GOD!!!! I turn beat red when I work out and then there are these other folks who workout and dont even sweat. I dont get it. I want to sweat when I work out. If I didnt sweat I would feel like I didnt do anything. 

I embrace my sweatiness. The more sweat the better. Bring on the drippiness!!!!
EileenWalton
on 11/4/08 9:44 pm
Well, I have to admit I do not sweat.  Even at 350+ lbs on a 100 degree summer day I did not sweat.  When I exercise I never sweat.  I used to think it was because I didn't push myself hard enough, but that's not it....I just don't sweat. 

Now my daughter, that's a completely different story.  When she's at the gym she has a towel wrapped around her neck to capture the sweat pouring down her.  Her hair is soaking wet and her clothes are soaked.  She actually keeps a towel over her seat in the car because otherwise it would also be wet.

So no sweetie, you are definitely not a freak....just a sweater!
Eileen

Shannon O.
on 11/5/08 3:29 am - Reading, PA
A- they just aren't pushing it...
B- they just don't sweat
C- they are aliens coming to take over the world...

Most of the people at the gym where I go sweat... and I know depending on the day I don't sweat as much as some other days as well... But I always stink afterwards and have to shower hehehe... and I get really red too...

tracyb330
on 11/5/08 4:03 am - Temple, PA
When I leave the gym I look horrible. I have big sweat marks down to my boobs, my face is as red as can be and stays that way for an hour. (Irish blood) I see some girls do their make up in the locker room before working out...wtf. I have a sweat towel with me everytime and I just sweat my butt off. I look horrible when I leave but i feel so damn good....lol.

5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
dit657
on 11/5/08 4:07 am - Boothwyn, PA
Trust me, even my ass sweats! When my gf and I were working out on the cruise ship we got done and were walking out and she said OMG your ass is soaked! My arms sweat - my legs - I glisten and glow all over - with major sweat rings down the front of my shirt and my hair is dripping. You know - that might be a great Halloween costume - Sweaty Girl!! Go have a good work-out and then go to a party - ewww, no, guess not - nobody could stand the stench that goes along with my sweat!! 

Remember, sweating is very healthy for your pores, so go ahead and sweat - plus it feels so good knowing you're working your body and getting results.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/08 1:18 pm
Ok...I am glad to hear I am not the only sweater!!  Actually, tonight at the gym, I met another sweater....the guy was sweating so hard, there was a huge puddle of water/sweat on the  floor around the eliptical he was using.   
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views