Happy Anniversary to ME!!

LLovingMom
on 11/4/08 11:01 pm - Ewing, NJ
I just got the email from OH reminding me that as of today, I'm 3 years out!!

I can't believe all the changes I've been through, both physically and mentally. Some due to the WLS, some due to personal changes, both intentional and those beyond my control.

I still struggle with eating the right foods.

I'd gotten down to 160 last October, but by January, I'd gained 30lbs due to letting myself slip back into old habits.
That 30lb gain was a wake-up call which I could very easily have ignored, but I didn't.

I joined Weigh****chers in January and have been following the plan where you don't count points but you do pay attention to your hunger signs. I've been eating healthy grains, lean meats, good carbs and I'm down 20lbs.
Will I be able to get back to 160? I don't know. I do know that I'm more aware of everything I put in my mouth, not only because of the WLS but because of the program which I'm now on.

My weight is going to be a life long issue. I'm addicted to bad carbs and always will be. To say that white bread and cookies are like alcohol to me might sound silly to some, but I know that I have to stay away from bad carbs or I spiral out of control. It's easier than I would have ever thought to get back to bad habits and allow them to take me down the weight gain path.

I won't let that happen.

So, happy anniversary to me. It's a bit harder for me at 3 years than it was at 1 year, but I refuse to let my addiction get the best of me!
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 11:07 pm
Happy anniversary!  I am one of those bad carb addicts too....they are the devil!  You have done a great job and kudos to you for taking back control after the re-gain and not ignoring it.  Keep on successing!

Heather G
MsDeniseinPA
on 11/4/08 11:08 pm - PA
Happy 3 Year Anniversary!
bubble273
on 11/4/08 11:46 pm - Levittown, PA
Happy 3-year surgiversary!!!  Congrats on taking control of your weight gain.  Some people would have definitely ignored it and thought, oh, that's not too bad of a weight gain and before they knew it they would have put 60 or 80 pounds back on.  So good for you!!!  Have a great day!!!  And good luck to you in the future.

Karen

tammypa
on 11/5/08 12:07 am - Philadelphia, PA

Happy 3 year Surgiversary!

I also am a carb addict.  
That is great that you heard that wakeup call and got yourself back on track.

Congratulations,
Tammy

Nicole0216
on 11/5/08 1:57 am - Lancaster, PA
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/08 2:19 am
Congrats on 3 years of successing!
dit657
on 11/5/08 3:06 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary and for being so successful at your weight loss - and for recognizing a problem when it arose and dealing with it. There should be a board out here somewhere for us 'carb addicts' - its just as bad as any other addiction. I'm addicted to the salty, crunchy carbs - they go down way to easily.

Congratulations for taking your life back and getting back on track - and visit here often - its a fantastic source of support and understanding.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 11/5/08 4:12 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Congratulations on your 3rd Surgiversary!

As everyone else said, you've done a great job and recognizing a problem and then dealing with it is the solution. 

Denial is a very easy place to go. . . addiction is what is, whether it's cheetos, alcohol or something else and I have found that support is the key to helping keep my addictions at bay, whether here, at a support group and you seem to have found it in WW, so may you keep "successing" and if you are ever of a mind to, come to one of the Barix support groups, there are now plenty of options, 2nd Tues, pre-op, 3rd Wed., post-op (both of these meet at 7 p.m.) and now we have a new one, First Saturday's which meet the 1st Saturday of each month from 12 to 4 p.m., break down to smaller groups in two sessions, if you can't make the whole thing, come for a part of it.  There is even a nutritionist there.

Again, congratulations, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

LLovingMom
on 11/5/08 5:17 am - Ewing, NJ
Thanks Everyone!

I'd love to start coming back to Barix for the support groups! I used to attend regularly for the year following my surgery. I've been planning on attending the last few months, but something always comes up, whether sickness, kid things...you know the drill. But it is on my list of things to do!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views