OT: The election is over-I can get my phone back

Patricia R.
on 11/4/08 12:21 pm - Perry, MI
Yee-Haw!!!  The election is over.  I am going to be able to use my phone without 3-5 voicemails from the campaigns asking me to vote for X candidate.  Praise God.  Now, I can get on to more important things, like the Philadelphia Eagles.  LOL

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 12:36 pm
What a historic night!!  Congratulations to Obama and Biden.

I never got the calls....I think I noticed one or two on the caller ID...but I don't use the house phone for anything, so that may be the reason why....my cell phone is my primary contact number. 
Pam Hart
on 11/4/08 6:18 pm - Easton, PA
Both of my phones were registered on the "do not call list" I'm not sure if that's why I didn't get many phone calls.

At least we can watch some different commercials on tv, though.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 11/4/08 9:48 pm
I agree Trish....what a pain in the butt.  I have my phones on the Do Not Call list, but I still got at least 10 to 15 calls per day.  Even got a call from Rendell asking me to vote for the water referendum.  Personally, I think it's a major invasion of privacy.  I hate when people try to tell me how to vote.  At least now it's over.  No more calls, no more ads!

And yes, Congrats to Obama and Biden.  Now let's keep our fingers crossed and hope America made the right choice.
Eileen

Shannon O.
on 11/5/08 3:23 am - Reading, PA
doesn't matter if you are on the do no call list when it comes to political calls and the fire department and police department asking for money as well... they are allowed to do that no matter if you are on the list or not...

tammypa
on 11/4/08 9:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Trish,
I am also so glad it is over. I was sick and tired of the phone calls, commercials and posters
stuck in the ground everywhere.

Love your new avatar.
Tammy
dit657
on 11/5/08 12:45 am - Boothwyn, PA

Unfortunately the Do Not Call lists do not apply to political calls - I got them, too, but not too many.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views