3 Month follow up - in the books

GD_007
on 11/4/08 1:07 am - Drexel Hill, PA
I visted with Dr.Marymor on Monday and had my 3 month follow up. 

"Playing" with some numbers.....I'm at the 1/2 way mark for my potential weight loss (i'm using 170s versus the 150s that the charts say and I'm taking my starting weight from my consult not day of surgery).  I'm at "the point of no return", so to say.  While I chuckle at that - the point of no return was really when he cut me open....

Anyways, I'm very happy to be *below* 250.  I weighed in at 248.2.  Now, granted, some of you started your WLS journey at a lower weight than that...but I had my first consult with Dr. Marymor October 2007 and I was 324 when I met him.  Day of surgery I was 309.  My graph/chart on my profile has all these weights if you're interested to see it graphically.

Just wanted to share.  The 250lb milestone was a mental one that I had kinda set for myself....my next mental milestone is 211 (my weight in Grade 11)...then onto 199......

FYI - I'm *crazy busy* this week with school (finals and such this Friday) so I'll be MIA till the weekend.

Later,
-GD
tammypa
on 11/4/08 1:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Greg,
Congrats on a great checkup.
Wonder how much Bond weighs?
Tammy
GD_007
on 11/4/08 1:39 am - Drexel Hill, PA

Well Tammy,

Funny you should ask.....

In his book, From Russia with Love, Fleming described Bond: Height: 183 cm (6 feet), weight: 76 kg (167lb); slim build; eyes: blue; hair: black; scar down right cheek and on left shoulder; all-round athlete; expert pistol shot, boxer, knife-thrower; does not use disguises.

HOWEVER, Daniel Craig is the shortest James Bond at 5'10" and weights ~172lbs.  *ME THINKS* I have my new goal weight.   Hummmmmm, but how can I grow 2 more inches

Later & thanks for the support,
-GD

tammypa
on 11/4/08 1:49 am - Philadelphia, PA
Well there has been talk that people have "grown" after losing weight.

But Norm pointed out that it is probably just your spine and knees decompressing and
you are going back to your original height.

But maybe you will grow.

Tammy 
GD_007
on 11/4/08 2:01 am - Drexel Hill, PA
I heard the opposite - that people shrink due to the weight lost under foot.

We'll see - I'm still holding at 5'8".
-GD
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 1:39 am
Great job, GD!  You are looking great, and I am sure you are feeling great too.  Aren't those milestones the best? 

HG
GD_007
on 11/4/08 2:03 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks HG.  Yes - however the next milestone I need to hit is finished my 12 page report for this Thursday night :(.

It's one thing to steal away a few minutes to post here (during work) it's another to sit and do full-on homework.  I don't do that so it's going to be several late nights in a row this week.

Later,
-GD
dit657
on 11/4/08 2:08 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations! Sounds like you had a great visit with Dr M and things are moving along just as they should be. I think we all have those personal little goals we set for ourselves. 250 was one for me as well, and now I'm looking to 200. We'll get there - just a matter of time!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
GD_007
on 11/4/08 2:18 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Thanks Kathy!
-GD
Jackie W.
on 11/4/08 2:18 am
Sounds like you had a great 3 month follow up!!!  Congratulations!!  Keep up the great work, you will keep hitting goal after goal!!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views