I don't get PA...

Shannon O.
on 11/4/08 3:51 am - Reading, PA

Well Jeremy and I were at the polling place this morning at 7am and still waited an hour... what the heck... and there were 3 other polling places less than 1.5 if that from my house... sorry think that is stupid lol... can understand if I lived in Philly but umm I don't lol... and I had to deal with this for an hour...

Picture 11-4-08 004 by you.

Where I lived in Indiana all grade schools were polling places... the kids went to school etc... and got to see how the voting machines worked etc... they would have 10 to 20 machines per school depending on how many people lived in the area... never had to wait over 10 mins... ever...

THe last prez election Jeremy and I waited 6 hours to vote... Yes, we lived in Douglassville where they built about 10 to 20 new developments and didn't redo the voting districts to make room for the new voters... oh yeah I had a stress fracture in my right foot and wasn't to stand on it... ugh lol...

So, I just don't get PA... it is always a battle ground state (got 45 + calls yesterday to prove it lol)... why aren't they better perpared then this... but then again... I don't see the point of township school districts and township police either lol... in Indiana we don't deal with township stuff it is just fed, state, county and city... hehehe... just had to vent... because it was cold, ahd to deal with a cranky toddler, no room to stand with her while we voted and had to use a machine older than me... and I'm 34 lol... and oh yeah I don't matter because I'm not registered as dem or rep... so ugh lol... ok vent off lol...

Now I need to go find one naked Lorelei... she just escaped from her bath lol...

sbrunell
on 11/4/08 3:59 am - Bensalem, PA
Shannon O.
on 11/4/08 4:03 am, edited 11/4/08 4:03 am - Reading, PA
I'm not allowed to vote in primaries in PA because I'm not resgistered as a dem or rep... so I can only vote in the final major election kind of stuff- which I think sucks... I think today if I remember right Jeremy and I were 87 and 88 today and there was another 100 people outside waiting... and that was just before 8am... and the line was just getting longer and longer... one location that we had to drive past when we voted had over 200 people outside waiting at the church to vote... and the other had no one... lol...

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 5:14 am, edited 11/4/08 5:25 am

While I know you are a self proclaimed "Perv" in your words not mine  in my post the other day ..I am adult and far from a prude but you also do not know me well enough so I opted to ignore it. Yet somethings are not funny and cross a line even if you think you are kidding. Yet I can not wrap my brain around why someone who is parent themselves would even think to make a comment to another parent in that content to me is quite disturbing and not remotely funny.

If you feel I am a b*tch then so be it but I am an honest B*tch.

That is Shannon's daughter and everyone knows that because she is her pride and joy.

sbrunell
on 11/4/08 5:36 am - Bensalem, PA
FlourPower
on 11/4/08 11:48 am - PA
Shannon,

I feel for you sweetie,  I've been there and done that with little ones.  When my guys were just little I would have to take all five of them to the grocery store with me.  My MIL worked full time and my mom...well, that's just a different story...LOL!

I went to vote early this morning and the line was LONG...and I mean long.  I turned the van around and came home.  Later around 2:30 I went back and was able to walk right in and vote. 

You know what I think is great...that you waited and you voted...GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Chrissy

[

Shannon O.
on 11/4/08 11:51 am - Reading, PA
you are a saint for taking 5 kids to the grocery store lol... taking lore is bad enough... lol... but if i had gone by myself this morning I would of left because she was horrible at times in line... didn't help that we had to stand next to a road (oh that is so smart to do in the rain!)... but wow... 5 kids... in the store... wow... I'm blown away lol...

FlourPower
on 11/4/08 12:02 pm - PA
You know what Shannon you would be very surprised what you are able to do when you have to do it..LOL!!

At that time in my life my DH would not get home until very late in the evening.  The grocery stores were not open 24/7 so I had to do it. 

When DH was finally able to get a job that had better hours I was then able to leave the boys at home with daddy and off I would go...to peace...shopping for things by myself.  I must say though that the boys were always good for me.  I timed every outing around eating and sleeping for them.  I would wait until they got up in the morning....give them a good breakfast....tell them how I expected them to behave in public...set down the rules..WINK, WINK, and off we would go.  If they were good they were always allowed to get something...like a muffin, or some gummies.  If they were rotten....they didn't get anything....LOL!!  They learned very quickly because it was just torture for them to see one of their brothers getting something but they were doing without because they chose to not obey mommy.  Bribery never hurt anyone....LOL!!!

Give her an extra hug tomorrow for being a trooper.  Believe it or not these are the easier years...I miss those years with them. 

Blessings to your family,

Chrissy

[

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views