My SuperFresh is no more

Ready4 AChange
on 11/4/08 12:39 am - Upper Chichester, PA
On Rt. 322 is now Pathmark !  I wonder why it has been changed ?  Had to get myself a new rewards card...

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

GD_007
on 11/4/08 12:54 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Press on solider - we're here for you! 
-GD
tammypa
on 11/4/08 1:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pathmartk bought out the SuperFresh chain.. All of the Super Fresh stores will become Pathmark if they haven't already.

Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 1:26 am
Pathmark bought them out yet Pathmark took over the name America's Choice product line in their stores. Tey are slowly changing them all over. They just redid our Pathmark not sure why it looks kinda cheesy now.
dit657
on 11/4/08 2:05 am - Boothwyn, PA
That would kill my sister and brother-in-law if they still lived in Boothwyn - that's the only store they would ever use. Even when they came up to stay with my mom the other week they went over there instead of someplace closer to my house. The Pathmark might be a nice change - you just never know.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
BellaNell
on 11/4/08 2:42 am - Pleasant Mt., PA
 NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I love Superfresh!!!! My son lives in Roxborough and I would load up with Superfresh goodies whenever i would visit him.  I wonder if the Superfresh in Ivy Ridge, right on Ridge Ave.  is still there... sad day...I will miss their great sales....  (I live three hours away from my nearest Superfresh)
sbrunell
on 11/4/08 3:14 am - Bensalem, PA
This is a positive change.
You have the buyer and seller wrong.  The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co. (A&P supermarkets) is the owner of hte America's Choice Brand. They are highly profitable, and they bought Pathmark.

Superfresh was the under performing Philadelphia/ S. Jersey chain that A&P bought years ago.

The change is positive because Pathmark is a NY metro supermarket. NJ and NY have the highest per capita saturation of supermarkets.  Pam can tell you this. I used to live within 3 miles of 6 supermarkets when I lived in NJ.

Because of this, the prices are significantly better.  There are a few Shop-Rite stores in theh area. They are significantly cheaper than Acme and Giant, on the whole  Especially on canned goods.

In the end, you will have the same products, but at cheaper rates.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views