XPOST - 6 days post op update-

kat19136
on 11/3/08 9:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hello All!! I am finally back and feel human again!!  Just wanted to thank you for all your well wishes and a special shout out to my angels who checked up on me while I was there Lisa/Leopardgirl and JeanneA!! Thank you so much!!  I spent 5 days in the hospital, just got home yesterday, I was a lingerer there!  I spent two days in ICU, not any major complications, at least that I am aware of, but I know my blood pressure shot up post op and I guess my oxygen level was low, because I know that I heard them say I was on six liters at one point!! It was a little scary.  I was quite emotionally overwhelmed by the experience, has any one else  had that experience?  I have been doing ALOT of crying!  No regrets because I know this will be the best thing I could have done for myself, but just scared I guess. 

Anywho I am on the losers bench now, and I know it will all be good from here on out!! 

Thank you all for your support!!

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/08 9:24 pm
Congratulations and welcome home!  I think you are the 3rd DS'er I have seen post this morning as a new post op!!  It's nice to see what people that chose other surgeries experience. 

Yes, emotions can get wacky after surgery...lots of hormonal stuff going on.  It will pass.  Take care of yourself and follow doctors orders and you will be fine.

Heather G
dit657
on 11/3/08 9:49 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations and welcome home!! Hope you got to see the parade and Phillies festivities on Friday. Sounds like you had a bit of an ordeal in the hospital but that things are going well now - best of luck to you with your DS - I'm not very educated on that particular surgery but I know you'll be successful with it!

Wishing you all the best - feel better soon.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
New_Beginnings_36
on 11/3/08 10:01 pm - PA
Welcome home Kat and Congrats!!

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Jackie W.
on 11/4/08 2:23 am
YEAH!!!  Finally got to your update!!!  Wow, that does sound a bit scary.  I know emotions run high in the hospital.  Mine ran wild with the stupid NG tube!  I was in tears over it!!  Glad to see you are feeling better now!  Congrats on your DS and being home!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

kat19136
on 11/4/08 9:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
OMG I hated that thing!!  I had it in from after surg on Wed to Sat morning, because some nurse on Friday was too lazy to take it out.  The doc was pissed I heard her go out and say something to them.  I had asked about it several times to. 

Kat

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

Shan08
on 11/4/08 6:50 am - the Skook, PA

Glad u are home now & doing okay :)
Congrats on everything!

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views