Feeling blue...

lauraanne715
on 11/3/08 10:36 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi everyone-

Well I am finally feeling better from being sick for over a week..but now I am feeling all out of sorts like down and out...just blue I guess.

I just feel like I am coming up on my 6 month check up and have only lost about 70 lbs...I feel like everyone else has lost so much more than me in less time...also because I was sick I haven't worked out in over a week so there is that hanging over my head...

I still feel outrageously fat and pathetic. I don't know what started this whole blue feeling but I just feel like I am not doing enough or something.  So I just thought I would put it out here and see if this helps...I don't know...maybe I am just being stupid...ugg.  Sorry for the whining..I think I am going to go to bed and try to sleep this feeling off.

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

New_Beginnings_36
on 11/3/08 12:57 pm - PA
Laura -

I know it is hard but try not to compare yourself to others. We are each our own journey and it will take different paths that will eventually lead to the same destination....a healthier life :)

You are doing wonderful! You look fabulous!!  
Keep up the good work and I hope you feel better soon.

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
lauraanne715
on 11/4/08 4:06 am - Pottstown, PA
It is sooo hard not to compare myself to others I have been doing it my whole life...I guess I need to work on that...thank u for the encouragement!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Pam Hart
on 11/3/08 6:56 pm - Easton, PA
"Only 70 pounds in 6 mos"

Don't be so hard on yourself.  Seriously - when was the last time you were able to lose 70 pounds, let alone in 6 mos...and continuing to lose?

We all go through these emotional times - it should get better.  Keep posting here.  Keep expressing yourself.  Keep following the program!

Being sick does take an emotional toll on us as well - we feel like we have to keep doing everything (exercise included) but when you are sick - the rules change.  In order to take care of your body you must allow it to heal.  So although you might not have been exercising - you were helping your body along in other ways.

Hang in there girl!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 11/3/08 6:59 pm - Easton, PA
PS....70 pounds in 6 mos is a consistant average of 3 pounds a week.  Not to shabby.

It's also equivelant to 14 bags of flour or sugar from the super market.   If you'd like...try carrying around 14 of them for the day and see how you feel!  LOL

Feel better!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
FlourPower
on 11/3/08 7:43 pm - PA
Laura,

Are you on your scale everyday?  The only reason that I ask is because a few weeks ago I was feeling like I would never reach my goal and I was also feeling, "Outrageously fat and pathetic", just like you said you are feeling.  So, I really do understand what you are saying.

If you have getting on the scale please, stop.  I think getting on the scale daily, sometimes more then once a day for me, is just the wrong thing to do.  I was letting the scale determine what my mood was for the day.  I had to make a promise that I would not do that anymore to myself.  You know what....your going to drop those silly pounds when your body is ready...not when the scale is ready.

I hope that you feel better soon and remember 70 pounds is a lot of of weight to lose.  Keep up the good work and really everything will work out the way it is supose to workout.....

Chrissy

[

dit657
on 11/3/08 8:47 pm - Boothwyn, PA
HORMONES - they suck!! And after being sick and losing so much weight yours are probably all out of whack right now. 70 lbs in 6 months is phenomenal! We all lose differently and its hard not to compare ourselves to others on the board, but please don't because it will make you crazy and will make you depressed if you think you're not up to other people's losses.

So many things factor in with how we lose weight - I get kind of down sometimes because I see others losing more than me, but then I remember that I lost 50 lbs pre-op so I have to take that into account as well.

You're doing a fantastic job - you work out almost every day and I'm sure you're keeping your food logs. You'll get over this 'blue' period - just keep looking at your before and after pictures and you'll see how far you've come.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 11/3/08 11:01 pm - Perkasie, PA

You are doing great Laura! I know how you feel, I feel that way too, often. But we are too hard and unrealistic on ourselves. We are great! We have to keep telling ourselves that!!

jackie j
on 11/4/08 12:46 am - Glenmoore, PA
VITAMINS!!!  If you are coming up on your 6mo checkup, make sure you have your labs done before you see Dr. P.  (have Barix tell you what to draw-your PCP doc won't  include everything we WLSers need) they include the full spectrum of B vitamins as depression, moodiness and the blues are symptoms of lacking B's as is neuropathy in feet and hands and coordination issues.   You might be starting to get low in something and having been sick may have just sucked your system a little dry temporarily.   

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views