My 2 month 9 day post op update! Kinda long.

Jackie W.
on 11/3/08 10:40 am

I failed to do a 2 month update, so its late.  Plus I don't post much over here, but I've been getting better!  I lurk a lot, if that counts!!  So I thought I'd share my update with all my new friends here on the PA Board! 

I totally blew off my 2 month update!!  I'm now 2 months and 9 days post op...I'm down to 185 lbs!!  That is 46 lbs down!!  I didn't take my measurements, but I'm in a size 18.  Some of my 18's are getting big.  I can fit into a couple of 16's.  I bought a pair of jeans, size 16, about a week and a half ago, I got home and tried them on!  Wow, was I dejected!  There was about a 3 inch gap to close them!!!  Well, I tried them on yesterday.....I got them buttoned  but there was NO WAY in HELL I was going to be able to breath, sit or walk in them!!  But it felt great to be able to button them!!!! 

I'm getting a lot of comments at work!  I got a comment on Fri or Sat....I don't know if it is a good one or a bad one.  The woman said to me "wow, you look great.  You look so young, not that you looked old before, but you look much younger!"  Some one else said to me today, "did you lose weight?"  I said yes, some.  She goes "yeah, I can see it in your face.  And in your arms, and yeah in your face, wow."!  Gee, do you think she noticed it in my face!  But people at work (customers) have been very supportive and great!  If I've never mentioned it before...I really love my job!  I love what I do and I love my customers!!  There are a few that aren't quite sure why I lost weight and aren't sure how to ask me about it, but that is OK.  Most people that ask, I tell them I had surgery.  Some are shocked and ask if I had the "Lapband" or "Gastric Bypass", I tell them I had "More"....I had more than the GB.  I got the "Cadillac WLS"!!!  Some people ask with concern, and inquire how I am...I tell them that I couldn't have ask for it to go any better!!!  I feel like a DS poster child!!

I'm on a pizza kick!  I've been taking a french bread pizza into work for lunch.  My manager asked me today if I eat the whole thing for lunch, I said yeah...most of it!  She was like, wow.  Her BIL is about 10 months post op RNY, and he has had a lot of problems!  Ulcer, foamies, vomiting, not being able to tolerate much food wise!  So she sees the bad side to WLS and tries to compare me to him.  But on a good note, some one from work emailed me asking me about my surgery!  So, I paid it forward!!

In closing, these last 2 months have been amazing!!!!  I will definitely update at 3 months!  I've been keeping a running total of my weight loss with my ticker, I'll try to keep it updated on my profile!

Thank you everyone for all your support of the past weeks, months, even years!!!  I couldn't have done this and be where I am if it weren't for my OH family!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

New_Beginnings_36
on 11/3/08 12:48 pm - PA
Congrats Jackie! Sounds like you are doing FABULOUS!!

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Jackie W.
on 11/4/08 2:04 am
Thanks Stefanie!  I feel Fabulous!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:

Shan08
on 11/3/08 9:09 pm - the Skook, PA

I'm so glad it's going well for you! 
Keep up the good work!

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Jackie W.
on 11/4/08 2:06 am
Thank you!  You had your surgery just before me!!   Isn't this an amazing journey!  Keep up your great work too!!

My stats:

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/08 9:13 pm
Great job, Jackie!! 

At first I misread and thought you said you were DOWN 185 pounds in two months....not down TO 185 pounds LOL...I thought, holy cheese and crackers that's alot of weight in two months!!  LOL  Congrats on the 46 pounds...it feels great doesnt it??

HG
Jackie W.
on 11/4/08 2:08 am
Thanks Heather!  LOL, 185 lbs would be a lot in 2 months!!  I'm amazed at how great this entire journey has been!!  I've seen many people go through it, but...until you experience it for yourself!!!

My stats:

kat19136
on 11/3/08 9:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Awesome Jackie!!  Glad to hear all is going well!!  You will be my Idol, and I aspire to do as well now that I am on the losers bench finally!!  Keep up the good work!!

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

Jackie W.
on 11/4/08 2:10 am
HEY KAT!!  How are you feeling??  It is great to see you posting!!  You will do great!!!!  I can't wait to start seeing your updates!!!

Thanks Kat!!

My stats:

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views