9 days DS Post Op Update

Mary Ellen Wagner
on 11/3/08 6:19 am - Millmont, PA
Hi All and thank you all for your support and Prayers from my surgery on Oct. 25th until now. I came home Sat. evening around 5:30pm and I am been very tired and sore. They think I may have had an infections they loaded me  up with IV Antibiotics for several days until I came home. They tested for blood clots, leaks, blockages, etc. and found nothing but  my white blood cell count was off. I have been struggling to get my protein and fliuds in, I drinks a few small sips and I feel full right away.

I have no appetite but I am trying to do protein supps first and then other liquids. SF Jello goes very well but not so much for ice pops, they make me feel full. Most of my water and cyristal light tastes like metal to me so I guess that is a sign of ketosis already. I have also had swelling in both my feet and ankles pretty bad, it is getting better each day though. I gained over 30 lbs just with all the fluids they pumped into me. I went into surgery at 276 lbs and went home at 299 lbs. I think I am down now to about 286. I have my first post op visit tomorrow Nov. 4th. They want to do some more blood work to make sure my white blood cell count is returning to normal. No bad nausea so far and no throwing up, however, I did have 2 bouts of diarrhea (accidents) since I am home and 1 in the hospital and I believe those were from all the antibiotics because my guts seem to be settling down now. Boy did I have gas and my guts sounded like a train running through them for the first couple of days home as everything was wakening up. Things are much quieter now and I hope they stay that way.

I sleep in a recliner or hospital bed and wear my binder most of the time, that helps a lot, so wear those binders. My insicion is very long from my breats bone to inside my naval and still has steri-strips on, no draining and no tubes, which is great. I am just taking it slowly, walking, sipping and resting a lot during the day. I am sure I will continue to feel exhausted and need lots of rest as I continue to heal but things are getting a little better each day.  

Thank You Gina-MajorMom for being my Angel and for everyone who supported me in thoughts and prayers during my surgery and recovery. You are all the best here and I will continue to look to you all for advice and encouragement. Best wishes to you all and God Bless You.

Mary Ellen

Fuller Brush/Stanley Home Dealer www.fullerdirect.com/0836699 

Trust in the Lord for All ThingsHe Will Provide

New_Beginnings_36
on 11/3/08 12:43 pm - PA
Mary Ellen - Glad to hear that you are home and feeling better with each new day. Remember to walk and sip. I'm sure you will do great.....Best wishes tomorrow at your appointment :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
dit657
on 11/3/08 8:37 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Mary Ellen - glad to hear you're home and mending - sorry to hear you had some problems along the way, but hopefully they're clearing up quickly and you'll be healing and losing soon! Take it easy - sip and get liquids in - very cold drinks really bothered me when I was first out, so I drank most things at room temperature to get them down. Keep plugging away - you'll get there!

Keep us posted on your follow-up today - praying those white blood cell counts are back to normal for you.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/08 9:17 pm
Welcome home!  Continue to do exactly as the doctor orders and you will do great. 

Congratulations!

Heather g
Jackie W.
on 11/4/08 2:29 am

Congratulations Mary Ellen!!!  I'm sorry you experienced the problems you did.  I know a lot of people come home heavy than they went into surgery, from all the fluids! 

I ate fruit ice pops, I think they were Edy's sugar free fruit pops.  They were not the regular sugar free ones.  They are made with real fruit!  They didn't "fill" me up like the other ones did.  The yellow boxed sugar free ones (sorry can't remember the name) caused gas for me!!  Hence, the full feeling!

Good luck with your DS and on your Blood Tests!  Hope everything comes back good!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views