One Year Follow-up with Dr. Boe

EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 2:47 am
Thanks Kathy.  I'm letting you know up front I'm not willing to share Dr. Boe with anyone! (LOL)  He's just so down-to-earth, isn't he.  He was so easy to talk to.  I've never experienced that with any other doctor. 

I'm so bummed that I couldn't get to the support group on Saturday.  I know we met at the Pilgrimage, but we never really had the chance to chat.  Hopefully you'll attend another and we can compare our journeys.  It just seems like we live parallel lives.
Eileen

dit657
on 11/3/08 2:57 am - Boothwyn, PA
I've already got the next Barix Saturday meeting on my calendar so hopefully I'll be there. The meeting was very good - I did miss Dr Boe, tho - they said he was there at the beginning of the meeting but I was running a little late. I see him on Nov 26 (how's that for timing!) for my 9 month follow-up.

I always feel like I should be doing better than I am and when I go in there its almost like going back into one of those dreaded Weigh****cher or Jenny Craig meetings where I feel like I'll be ostrasized if I didn't do well enough! But he's always so upbeat and understanding and told me he never gets on people about their weight loss because we're so hard on ourselves - probably true!

I do think our journeys are very close and we're both doing great!! Its amazing to see how much people change from one event to another, because I hadn't seen most of these people since the pilgrimage either.

Hope to see you there next month - don't know that I'll have the nerve to give Dr B a hug, but I just might try!! He's not too hard on the eyes, either....he-he!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
New_Beginnings_36
on 11/3/08 3:00 am - PA
Eileen - Sounds like an awesome one year check-up!! Congrats!

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 3:01 am
Thanks Steph.
Eileen

Laureen S.
on 11/3/08 3:11 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Eileen,

Sounds like everything went well and your Dr. Boe sounds like a real doll.  I had my 1 year post op on Friday with Dr. P and it went similarly, I posted it on my profile.  These surgeons are just the best at what it is they do and their aftercare is wonderful, we've been blessed over and over again through this journey!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 3:32 am

I just looked at your profile.  Looks like you had a great follow-up also.  Originally Dr. Boe said the NUT would probably lower my protein requirement to 50 also, but Helene felt that since I still wanted to lose about 60-65 lbs I should stay where I am for now and then they will lower it as I get closer to goal. 

You are so right aboutt the aftercare at Barix.  It is absolutely the best. 

See you soon.

Eileen

bubble273
on 11/3/08 4:25 am - Levittown, PA
Oh, Eileen, I'm sooooooo happy for you!!!  And you're right, Dr. Boe is the greatest.  He gave me a big hug too!!!  He is a cutie :)  Congrats on all your successing!!!  You're an awesome, beautiful person.  And I'm so glad to have gotten to know you through our journeys.  Keep up the great job!!!

Karen

EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 5:31 am
Thanks Karen.  Don't you just love, love, love that man. 
Eileen

tammypa
on 11/3/08 5:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Eileen,
Congrats on that wonderful checkup. So glad to hear you are doing well.
Tammy
EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 5:33 am
Thanks Tammy!  I finally got that Vitamin D problem under control.  I was so happy to see my number went up to 44. 
Eileen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views