One Year Follow-up with Dr. Boe

EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 1:58 am

I had my one year follow-up with Dr. Boe this morning.  I can’t begin to tell you how much I love this man.  When he first walked in he extended his hand to shake mine.  I said “Oh no, I need a big hug from you.”  And that’s exactly what I got.  We sat and talked for at least a half hour.  He was genuinely interested in how my life has been and asked many questions about how my life has changed.  I felt like I was sitting across from my best friend.  We went over my blood work, and with the exception of my cholesterol being slightly elevated, all levels are within normal range.  We discussed any food issues and/or stomach issues and then just talked about life in general.  He told me he was very pleased with my progress and said I was at 56%, which is in normal range.  I asked him how he felt when he’s told by patients that he gave them a new life.  He said his whole experience in bariatrics has been extremely rewarding.  He enjoys speaking with post-ops and likes to take the time to get into their heads and see where life is taking them.  I told him how I was treated at 350 lbs.  How difficult it was for me to fit in booths, fit in a movie theater seat, accept invitations or to just go to the grocery store without being stared at.  He said he's heard the thing about the booths lots of times and it always amazes him that that's the first WOW that most post-ops have.  He also relayed how his very best friend is morbidly obese and he never realized the position he put her in everytime they went to a restaurant and he requested a booth.  He was so happy to hear how my life has reversed and again gave me a big hug.  He is such a genuine soul.   

I then met with Helene (the Nut) *****viewed my food logs and said I am absolutely on the right track.  She also reviewed my supplements and said everything is right where it should be.  So all-in-all it was a very good appointment.

Eileen

Laura D.
on 11/3/08 2:04 am - Pottstown, PA
Bravo for you!  I just love hearing all the personal journeys.  Way to go!
EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 2:14 am
Thanks Laura.
Eileen

Arlene E.
on 11/3/08 2:08 am - Philadelphia, PA

Eileen

Sounds like you had an excellent visit!!!!!!!  Once again, it confirms how awesome the staff is at Barix.  They are wonderful doctors and support personnel.  You have had a successful year and will continue to succeed at this.  

Arlene 

EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 2:18 am
Thanks Arlene.  It certainly has been an amazing year for me...and not just with the weight loss, but with the addition of so many new and wonderful friends.  You have certainly been a large part of my successing, and I thank you for it.

BTW, have a great time in China.  We'll have to dinner when you get back so you can tell me all about it.
Eileen

Mary Benford
on 11/3/08 2:10 am - Emmaus, PA
Eilleen,

It has been such a pleasure to follow your journey this past year.  You're such an amazing woman, with the biggest heart <3   even though the rest of you has shrunk to nothing!!!

You should be very proud of yourself my dear, you've done yourself, and all of us good :)

Much love, and continued success

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 2:24 am
Thanks Mary.  It's so hard for me to read words like "amazing woman" and "success".  I am 56 years old and this is the first time in my life that I am being complimented.  I have to say, I really love it.  Thanks for your support....it means so much.
Eileen

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/08 2:22 am
Eileen

What an awesome moment you had with Dr. Boe. I am so happy that all went well and you look just amazing.

When you sit down to think about the WOW moments that most people take for granted is it not beyond words.

I look forward to following you along this journey...

**hugs**
EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 2:29 am
Thanks Beth.  You are so right about the WOW moments.  And only people who have experienced them can know how important they are.  That's why this Board and our little support family are so important to all of us.  We know we can come here and talk about anything and there will be someone who knows exactly how we feel and either join in our happiness and/or offer advice on how to fix it. 
Eileen

dit657
on 11/3/08 2:40 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Eileen!! Congratulations on such a great visit with Dr Boe (yes, I love him too!!) and it sounds like you're doing everything you need to do and are healthy, happy and having an amazing journey!

I think one of the things I like best about the Barix doctors is the fact that you never feel rushed with them - they always take as much time as you need - even when you're in the hospital recovering - Dr Boe sat and talked with me for a long time one day, then Sr Jan and Lisa stopped in and he stayed and continued to chat - it was wonderful. I think that's the first time I've been in a hospital where I didn't feel self-conscious about my weight - everybody was just so caring and understanding. And I think its because they know how hard life can be for us 'fluffy' people so they make it as easy as possible.

Much continued success as your journey continues!! You look fabulous and I know you must feel just as wonderful!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views