Saturday's Meeting

tammypa
on 11/3/08 12:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
I just want to say that I am so glad that I was able to attend the first Saturday support group meeting at Barix. It was nice to meet some people in person that I know from the boards. I know
that alot of people were involved and would like to thank all of them. Special thanks to the leaders in my group - Cheryl and Laureen. You both did a wonderful job and gave me some
renewed enthusiam.
Thanks again,
Tammy
ktreavis
on 11/3/08 9:36 am - PA
I also had a great time and I am more motivated then ever in helping each other in our journeys. Talk to you all soon. - Katie

Progress not perfection

dit657
on 11/3/08 12:23 am - Boothwyn, PA
I second that motion, Tammy!! The meeting was wonderful and I was so happy to be able to finally make a Barix support meeting. The input I got on helping with my current 'stall' really made a difference - support is so important, both here and in person - and it was fantastic finally getting to meet so many of the familiar faces on these boards in person!!

Thanks to all again who made the meeting possible.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
IdaMae D.
on 11/3/08 12:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Gene and I also attended Saturday's meeting. It was nice to see so many familiar faces and to meet some new that have not found the OH board yet.
Ida

IdaMae

Dennis Belk
on 11/3/08 12:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Tammy,
And thank you. It was a wonderful gathering and we got a lot done with all the groups. I want to sincerely thank Everyone for attending because it's all of you that make these meetings fruitful and worth it. I think we had about 75 attendees on Saturday. We worked it down to 4 groups and had plenty of time to work with Everyone. I also like to thank Barbara, our Barix nutritionist for her diligence throughout a very long day. Great Job Barbara! And all of our leaders Cheryl, Laureen, Susan, Beth, Mike & Katie. Also Mary & Norm who joined us later. And of course our head honcho, prime executive, point person, giving us all direction leader, Shauna. Wonderful job all around.

The 1st Barix First Saturday SG meeting turned out very well and we all look forward to many more in the future.

Dennis
New_Beginnings_36
on 11/3/08 2:55 am - PA
Saturday was a great meeting! Thanks again to Shauna, Dennis, Susan, Beth, Cheryl, Laureen, Mike and Katie! Ohhh and Barbara (our NUT), didn't mean to forget her :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Laureen S.
on 11/3/08 3:16 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Tammy,

Thank you for being there, it was wonderful to be a part of something I truly believe in and it's EVERYONE in attendance and ALL those people at Barix who made it possible.  So a big to ALL!!!

Looking forward to the next one, as well as the other groups 2nd Tues, pre-op (which I don't attend) and 3rd Wed. post-op.

Hugs and thank you again for your kind comments!  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

J. M.
on 11/3/08 7:06 am
awh- i feel so left out.

we were away all weekend at Lake Wallenpaupack....a MUCH needed relaxation weekend.  It was our 1 year anniversary.

i will definitely be at future Saturday meetings as they are much easier on my schedule.  See you all then!

~ Jen   

tammypa
on 11/3/08 9:17 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Congrats on your anniversary.
Glad you had a great weekend getaway - sounds wonderful.
Look forward to seeing you next month.
Tammy
CherylT
on 11/3/08 11:14 pm, edited 11/3/08 11:15 pm - Perkasie, PA
Tammy----were you sitting next to me at the meeting??

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views