Oh So Nervouse Preop Tests Wednesday

kilkrox
on 11/3/08 7:55 am - PA
I am freaking out.  It is pretesting time on Wednesday and surgery scheduled on the 12th, the next Wednesday.  I am on liquid diet and that is going pretty well.  BUT WHAT THE H***** am I doing.  I like my life.  Did anyone have this type of anxiety?  I know I need help to beat this weight, but I am so afraid to die.  I know about statistics, but I also know that someone has to be that 2%.   That would be my luck- ahhhh!   Just wanted to vent before showtime at the Apollo.  Hope for me and keep me in prayers and if you know a shaman,  have them say a chant for me.  
Melanie B.
on 11/3/08 7:58 am - Doylestown, PA
We all have the same fear it seems. Just refuse to give in to your fear. Best of luck and we'll see you soon on the losers bench.

Pam Hart
on 11/3/08 8:39 am - Easton, PA
Anxiety before hand is very common and truth be told...I would be concerned if you didn't freak out at some point.

I didn't read all the responses...so if I'm being reptitious I appologize.  Dennis once said about the pre surgery anxiety - "remember you made this decision when you were SANE.  When emotions didn't play a part in it.  When you knew the facts - what your life would be like with the added weight and added weight problems...."

Now - I believe in that statement full heartedly.

I also believe that, including freaking out, you have to be at peace with the surgery.  You have to know this is what you want and what you need.  Consider everything....like what complications you might have now from added weight...how worse they can get....how many more you can become stricken by over time (high blood pressure, diabetes - both of which can lead to kidney failure, arthritic changes affecting mobility which can in turn cause blood clots, worsening problems with breathing....only to name a few)  Only you can determine what is right.

And you can come freaking out to us anytime - we've all been there!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
kilkrox
on 11/3/08 11:42 am - PA
Thanks all.  It is a sense of peace and accomplishment all rolled into one on this board.  I cannot wait to meet and greet on the bench.  Much gratitude to the keepers of the fire that keeps us all warm here.   Grazie Mille.  
New_Beginnings_36
on 11/3/08 12:32 pm - PA
It's good to vent just don't let your fears overtake you. You were of sound mind when you made this decision and should trust in that. You will do great with Dr Boe and Barix at your side! The doctors and staff there are the best! Sending good vibes and best wishes your way :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
dit657
on 11/3/08 8:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sweetie, we all go thru a severe case of the nerves as our date approaches, but once the actual day is here you'll be calm, cool and collected, especially when you see and talk to Dr Boe - you're in excellent hands with him and the entire Barix family. The liquid diet is a toughie at first, but after a couple of days it does get better and hey, I lost 17 lbs on that! Makes your surgery go so much easier.

Come on here often - even if you don't post is comforting to know that we're all out here for you for the support and understanding you'll need through this - we've all been there - I'm not sure what I would have done if I hadn't found these boards (probably lost my nerve!!).

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery - we'll scoot over and make room on the Loser's Bench for you!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
ellie443
on 11/4/08 8:24 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Best of luck to you today 

I am very new to this, and I often ask my self the same things

hugs,

ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views