New Hope~

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/08 3:28 am
No No No ...I always have hope this about a trip to New Hope~

Saturday when I left Barix I had plans to go to New Hope for dinner and show with my friend Jimmy.  So he picks me up we chat the whole time up the ride was just beautiful this time of year....OK back to the point...

We got there parked at the train station then made our way down to the main street to pick a place to go to dinner so we venture down this big hill. In the back of my mind I am thinking "Oh crap how am I going to get back up this thing without oxygen???"  So we walk along the hilly street and head into the Logan Inn for dinner we sat out on the heated terrace had a wonderful meal. Well now I have a box of left over s because I ate one stuffed shrimp so I say to Jimmy can we take my left overs back to the car. So we head out back along the street turn the corner I think here we go....Well I went up the hill without a problem I didn't gasp for air and felt great. I was not falling behind but one step ahead of Jimmy the whole time.

Then back down the hill to walk along the street to the theater there was a time I would have driven over to the theater parking lot since that was now open but we walked and had a nice walk.

Then we go into the Bucks County Playhouse (interesting place) it was old with old seats again my brain thinks "How the hell are you going to get your ass into that seat without crushing everyone else and not have bruised thighs????'' Well our lovely transvestite sat us and was glad to hear we were not virgins (we saw the Rocky Horror Show) so we sat down and OMG my ass fit in the seat comfortably plus I had leg room as well. I was so happy and I am sure Jimmy and Elisa was as well since my g/f and her hubby met us at the theater. We had a blast then after wards we made our way back to the car in now the cold brisk night in which I sailed right back up the hill for a second time without being winded or out of breath.

I was so happy and had such a stupid grin on my face and thank God for Jimmy because he has been here through this whole journey and he understands all my little WOW moments.

So at the end of the day it really is about New Hope every day!
bubble273
on 11/3/08 4:11 am - Levittown, PA
WOW, Beth...what a great post!!!  Those are some awesome, awesome WOW moments.  You've done a hell of a job!!!  Congrats!!!

And I love your comment about it being about new hope every day...so true, so true!!!

Karen

sbrunell
on 11/3/08 4:19 am - Bensalem, PA
ok, I'm a perv..but did you have more fun during "Toucha Toucha Touch me"???
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Liz R.
on 11/3/08 4:21 am - Easton, PA
Congrats Beth! I know that hill ALL too well! And there was a time too that I couldn't even look at that hill without feeling like I was going to suffocate!

BC play house is interesting isn't it?! I saw Phantom of the Opera there - fantastic!

Glad that you had a wonderful trip!

Liz
Melanie B.
on 11/3/08 4:26 am - Doylestown, PA
I HEART New Hope.

Glad you had a great time and fit in the seat and didn't pass out from all the walking.

dit657
on 11/3/08 4:40 am - Boothwyn, PA
Fantastic WOW moments Beth!! I felt the same way when we went to Bermuda and I saw the first big hill in Hamilton - I thought 'oh crap, here we go - they'll be hauling my butt halfway up this hill' but I walked it - got to the top - wasn't sweating and barely breathing harder!! My friends were so happy for me, and we continued to walk, walk, walk all around Hamilton that day - it was the best feeling in the world!

New Hope is a cool little town - got my one and only tattoo there with my daughter 9 years ago - we walked into a 'branding' place first - got the h*ll out of there real fast!!

Glad you had a such a good time...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 11/3/08 4:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth,
Sounds like you had a great evening.
You beat the hill more than once - yeah!

Tammy
Laureen S.
on 11/3/08 5:16 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Beth,

What a great post!  And there have been so many of those moments where I thought, I could never do this or that, because for so long I could not do it, well I remind myself daily that today I can do just about anything I want to because my size does not limit me as it once did.  It's wonderful feeling to do the very simple things that many people take for granted each and every day!

Yes, every day is about New Hope!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

EileenWalton
on 11/3/08 6:36 am
Wow, great post.  I'd forgotten how much I love New Hope but haven't been there for years because I could never walk the hills or the steps leading into all the little stores.  I have to put that on my list of places to visit now.  Sounds like you had a great time.  Thanks for sharing your night with us.
Eileen

Arlene E.
on 11/3/08 6:52 am - Philadelphia, PA

Great post Beth.  You know what?  Those great moments keep coming and even after 20 months I am still in awe of the stuff I can do now.  Yesterday I had to climb many flights of steps to get to the train and it was a breeze.   I would never be able to enjoy my travels the way I can now.  I'd be in panic mode about the plane seats and about not being able to walk to tour.  

Keep enjoying all these new found pleasures. 

arlene 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views