Oatmeal works very well...

CherylT
on 11/2/08 10:07 pm - Perkasie, PA

I picked up a box of McCann's quick cooking oatmeal last week. It's microwavable, 150 cals, 0 sugar, 4g fiber and 4g protein for 1/2 cup dry, added to to 1 cup fat free milk, it makes a big bowl that is so filling I didn't think I could fini**** I added a packet of splenda, a little sugar free cinnamon davinci syrup, and a lil sugar free pancake syrup.

good stuff. I think I'll be full all morning, which is a very good thing.

bubble273
on 11/3/08 3:58 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Cheryl,

I don't know if you've ever tried the Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal, but it has 160 calories, 1g sugar, 7g of protein, 4g soluble fiber and 6g of dietary fiber.  Then I add 1% milk and it adds another 7g of protein.  And it's very yummy!!  I get the maple and brown sugar kind.  And you don't have to add anything to it, like splenda or the sf syrups.

Karen

CherylT
on 11/3/08 4:39 am - Perkasie, PA
Cool. Thanks! That's even better.

:)

bubble273
on 11/3/08 7:35 am - Levittown, PA
It's not cheap, though.  I try to get it on sale when I can.  Walmart right now has it for $2.98 a box.  I bought three boxes the other day.  In the supermarket it's like $4.00 a box.

Karen

Pam Hart
on 11/3/08 8:41 am - Easton, PA
Thanks for this post.

I never really liked oatmeal before...but have been craving it.  I guess there could be worse things to crave?

I'll have to buy either that one or the one Karen mentioned and play around with it.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views