Weightloss center of Hbg, Pa.

lucky62756
on 11/1/08 6:23 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14
Heard some horror stories about them. RYN and Lapband. i need some infro. about them. Doctors and staff.I have heard from a few banders and they aren't very happy with Dr. Wieger. Can you shed some Light????Seeing Dr. DiMarco later this month to deciede on which surgery to have??? I have Medicare and AARP supp. Thanks

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Nicole0216
on 11/1/08 9:16 am - Lancaster, PA
you have an awesome surgeon near you in Lancaster PA. I cannot recommend him enough.
Dr Alan Brader
FlourPower
on 11/1/08 11:26 am - PA
Lucky,

I posted a reply to your post on the Main Board and I'll do it here too. 

I had Dr. DiMarco for my surgeon and I could have never asked for a better doctore.  He was wonderful.  As a matter of fact I've never had any real problems with anyone at their office.  

What "horror stories" are you talking about?  

I see Dr. Weiger for my follow-ups.  I don't dislike him.  He's actually been very helpful.  He's not the type of person that's going to tell you that everything is o.k. if it isn't and I guess you could say that he doesn't sugar coat everything.  Now, that's just the experinces that I"ve had with him.  As a matter of fact he even saved me from an overdose with my prescription Feritol.  My PCP told me to double up on my meds and when I ran this by him he told me to NOT do that.  He's been working with me closely with my anemia and my levels are coming up.  So, I can say that I have never had a bad experience with him.  At my last appointment I even took a list of question with me and he answered everyone of them...no problems.  So, this is my experience with him.....I don't know what you have heard.

Maybe attending the support meetings that they hold would help you?  The next meeting will be on the 10th and it starts at 6.  The Drs are usually there and they answer questions.  Jess is also there and she will answer any question.  If you look at their web site you can get directions.

HTH,

Chrissy 

[

lucky62756
on 11/1/08 10:10 pm - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just gonna see for myself. i have read your Blog. and saw your pics. You look terrific...Like the Microwave in the background. i have the same one.lol  I will have a long talk with Dr. DiMarco when I  see him on the 25th. I also have had a very serious talk with my husband and he said to just find out for myself about the doctors. Hope to talk to you soon. Would you like my email??/ I would enjoy keeping in touch with you. I am from the other side of the river...It's nice to have someone from the same WLC. Lucky

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

FlourPower
on 11/2/08 7:55 am - PA
Lucky,

That is the BEST thing that you could ever do...go and see what you think...form your own opinions.  If you can I could even take your hubby with you! 

If you'd like to stay in touch that sounds great.  I really don't check my email.  I'm awful about it.  I come here just about everyday sometimes a few times a day so you can PM me and I'll get that.

Are you going to the support meeting?  If you are I'll see you there.

Yea, I love my microwave.  I just love the color red.  When we remodeled our kitchen I wanted to have red as part of my color scheme.  I have it...and I LOVE it!!

PM me anytime and I wish you all the luck in the world!! 

[

mikesuzy
on 11/2/08 10:26 am - PA
Hi!

I had my surgery with Dr. Davidson back in April.  I have been ecstatic not only with my results, but with all of the doctors.  I find them to be very knowledgeable and helpful each time I have seen them.

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.
pitablond
on 11/4/08 1:22 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi!  I will be starting the process soon and going to the Weighloss center.  I know several people that have gone there and have never heard a negative word about them!  I was there in June and found out that my insurance didn't cover the surgeries but everyone in the office was SO nice.  I would suggest going in and seeing what you think.  Go with your instinct!
lucky62756
on 11/4/08 2:08 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14
hey, thanks for answering. I am jsut so confused on what to do. I know that I need to loose weight, but I am not sure what to do. the Lap band, RNY and some suggested Weigh****chers. I also heard from others that the staff and doctors were very nice. I know I need to find out for myself. But, i need to make up my mind on what to do and where to go. I was thinking of changing doctors. But, I really like Dr. DiMarco. Sooooo confussed right now. My husbnad tells me to quite reading so much.lol He just doesn't get it. I go on the 25th. When is your appt? "Lucky" 

pitablond
on 11/4/08 4:34 am - Harrisburg, PA
I feel the same way.  I *think* I'm set on wanting RNY but the lap band seems so much less dramatic (for lack of a better word).  once my insurance gets changed I will be making the appt.  I love getting opinions here but I feel the need to speak with a doctor and hear what they suggest...for my age, weight, and overall health.  I have two little boys (1 & 3) to think about.  I was always against loss surgery thinking that I could do it on my own but back in June when I started having BP issues, my family doctor changed my mind.  What I did was sign up for the gym, dedicated myself to that and eating better.  When that didn't work, both my doctor and myself decided it was time to look at other options.  Maybe that is something that you can think about.  Try something like Curves or a local gym and Weigh****chers.  Weigh****chers is a great tool to kick off weightloss.  Look at your eating/drinking habits and kick the bad ones to the curb.  If you find that they aren't working, then dive into getting information on each surgery.  You just have to weigh your pros and cons.  Decide which is best for you...and then if you need help deciding...get the the doc expert opinion!  Hope this helps!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views