PLease help Gas Pain

courtzi
on 11/1/08 2:14 am, edited 11/1/08 2:23 am - SCHUYLKILL HAVEN , PA
Hello I need your help so bad.  I had surgery on Wed. the 29th and I have so much gas pain I am trying to fart and I can't.  I usually can get a few toots out early morning and then it builds and builds and builds.  I have so much pain up under my breast bone and shoulder.  Can I take anything I looked through all my stuff and I can't find anything.  It hurts so bad...help also when should you be pooping for the first time
kago16
on 11/1/08 2:31 am - central pa, PA
try some gas x. walking helps alot  too so try walking as often as you can

370/255/150---High/current/goal

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/08 7:46 am - Poconos, PA
Walk, walk, walk and drink, drink, drink. It definitely helps to get rid of it. The pain will also lessen more and more each day. I know it can be extremely painful but try and hang in there. And think of it this way - those are actually good pains. It means you're a loser now

As far as taking something for the gas. You're only 3 days out from surgery. Personally, and this is just my opinion. I would give the surgeon's office a quick call to make sure he's ok with you taking any OTC med for the gas this soon. Every surgeon is different but I know many people who were not permitted to take Gas X, Pepto or anything like that for the first few weeks, myself included. That's not to say you won't be allowed to take it, but it's always best to check with your surgeon before you start taking anything like that especially this soon. Best to play it safe.

Feel better!

*Jennifer Juniper*
on 11/1/08 10:33 am - Philly Girl, PA
Take the gas x it will do wonders.

Jennifer*

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
tracyb330
on 11/1/08 12:29 pm - Temple, PA
Hi Court,
Sorry about the gas thing. I had open so I didn't have too much gas pain but when I did I just walked and it came out. I am so glad that your surgery went well. The worst part is over. Just get your liquids in and walk, walk, walk. I hope to see you soon. Take care,
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
eclipse1021
on 11/1/08 4:30 pm - Williamstown, NJ
try the chewable gas-x tablets.....chew them really good....even if you have to bite small pieces off and chew them one at a time to get them down.  they worked great.  pair them up with some peppermint tea, and you should be fartin' your a$$ off shortly after.

and about the pooping thing....i'm guessing since you're a fresh post-op that you're only on clear liquids for right now.  as soon as you introduce some protein into your new diet, the poo will come.

Pam Hart
on 11/1/08 7:57 pm - Easton, PA
According to my surgeon...I was allowed to take the chewable gas x right after surgery.  I used it at 3 days post op - it and it did help.  You need to walk walk walk to help as well.  And if you can, try bending over and stretching (gently back wards) to stretch out the abdominal area.  That helped me a lot (Dr. Pupkova used to call it "Doing your belly dances")  Granted - it was slow and not very deep motions...but movement all the same.

Hang in there and I hope by now you are feeling better.

The poop thing....are you still on liquids?  You will have one shortly - and it may be diarrhea...if you don't have one...call your surgeon.  See what you can do (every surgeon is different about what people can take early out especially)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views